HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm

couldn't decide what to call the thread but here ya go...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Of course this one is cooler... but highly impractical for Micky D's drive thru and parking at Wal-Mart..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:07 pm

I think ftrplt would rather do this:

http://i.imgur.com/pAKyS.jpg

Than ride in those trucks. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:17 pm

Heres one thats kind of lame..... except its what I was doing in the yard this afternoon when We (had a trainee... not a driving trainee, experianced hand but he'd never run tanks before) got back from Con Eddy Cut.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm

PB -- I did a stint with a company that sent its drivers to a day-long "how to avoid wrecking" course at an old Air National Guard airbase, where one of the runways was set up as a skidpad. You started out doing donuts, and by the end of the day running a gymkhana type course at highway speed. Talk about fun. Cool

It was dry boxes, though. I think a filled or partially filled tank would have changed things a bit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Back in the grand ol' 60's, I drove in claiming races, demolition derby's, and drag races. There was a guy by the name of Art Arfons who had a dragster with a J-79 jet engine (from an F-104!!! IIRC). Man, that was impressive. FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:08 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Back in the grand ol' 60's, I drove in claiming races, demolition derby's, and drag races. There was a guy by the name of Art Arfons who had a dragster with a J-79 jet engine (from an F-104!!! IIRC). Man, that was impressive. FTRPLT
I memba him... Art held the absolute land speed record several times in a (maybe the same?) jet car. Called it the Green Monster.

Your Need For Speed goes back to your days in a go-cart, I'll bet. Laughing

EDIT: Looks like Art is more famous than I realized. Wiki has a full page on him and his cars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Arfons

Last edited by LL on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Ohhh, I wasn't 'training' at that point, I was goofing off showing the new kid how the top dog rolls..errr.. slides. cheers
Did it in two trucks.. my stretched out ride and the regular Pete that will be his 'standard'. I'd imagine I'll either get fired OR the boss will be asking me to come up and do it some more with him in the truck monday when he see's the Security Cam ..lol... I suspect it'll be giving him a ride but I really don't care either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Ohhh, I wasn't 'training' at that point, I was goofing off showing the new kid how the top dog rolls..errr.. slides. cheers
Did it in two trucks.. my stretched out ride and the regular Pete that will be his 'standard'. I'd imagine I'll either get fired OR the boss will be asking me to come up and do it some more with him in the truck monday when he see's the Security Cam ..lol... I suspect it'll be giving him a ride but I really don't care either way.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:29 pm

[Your Need For Speed goes back to your days in a go-cart, I'll bet. Laughing

lol! lol! My need for speed resulted in my flying an airplane with TWO J-79's!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

fighterpilots Truck... Or Rednecks with money
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1