HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:25 pm

When I dwell on the great men of God from the past names like Spurgeon, Whitefield, Edwards come to mind, mighty speakers of the Word.. Today another name joined those ranks. William Mills, William was my grandmothers uncle, he seemed ancient to me from my first memorys of him. He faithfully attended Springfield Baptist and if memory serves me correctly was a Deacon. Uncle William always had a good word, a quick smile, and a piece of candy. He was a man of wisdom, but he never made you feel stupid. He relied on God and encouraged those around him to do the same. I have many memorys of the man, but there is one that shows the mans character. Sometime after my grandfather died Uncle William came to check on my grandma. Grandma invited Uncle William in but he steadfastly refused to cross the plain of the door way. I asked him why and he simply said "Someone might drive by and not know I'm her uncle and get the wrong idea." It seems old fashioned, it seems so out of place in todays world, but the man understood values and respect. I began watching him and trying to imitate him after that, he cared enough about someone else to not risk their reputation and that was the type of man I wanted to be. I don't know if I made it, but thats not the point here.. This old Earth grew darker yesterday, but "Enter in my good and faithful servant" was heard by one of the last few greats.

I miss him so much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 pm

Sorry for your family's loss Brandon. Sounds as though you were very fortunate to have had him in your life.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
cutshot

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 am

Very sorry to hear about his passing.
1 Thesolonians 4:13-18
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:19 am

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:47 am

I am really sorry that you lost someone so close. May the Lord comfort you and your family Brandon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
shadrack

Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:35 am

I'm sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:48 am

Its so hard when we lose a loved one, but we know that they are going to a better place.
May God comfort you and your family and give you peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:18 am

He sounded like an all around good dude Brandon. Sad that there's so few men like that left among us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:50 am

I'm so sorry about your loss.
Quote :
No more will your sun set, nor your moon be darkened, for God will be an eternal light for you, and your days of mourning shall end. (Isaiah 60:20)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Very sorry for your loss and that of your family. He sounds like the kind of person for which all of us are poorer in his passing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:40 pm

And another of the Old Guard goes to his eternal rest!!!!! Sounds like a man I would have liked to know. FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:32 pm

I,m sorry for the loss in your family, I know the pain felt when one so close passes on. May God comfort you and your family during this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Very sorry to hear about your loss PB, always hard to loose loved ones.
Back to top Go down
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:15 pm

PB, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You and yours are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:04 pm

But how lucky you were to have a man like that impart some influence in your life! Very Happy Raise your glass to his life, don't let sorrow dampen his memory!

LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:35 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
But how lucky you were to have a man like that impart some influence in your life! Very Happy Raise your glass to his life, don't let sorrow dampen his memory!

As usual, JD said it best.

Hang in there, PB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 am

Brandon,

It is never easy losing one that is near to us. "William is not gone, he has reached divine completion".
You have my condolences and sincerest hope he will have a peaceful rest.

I heard the old, old men say,
'Everything alters, and one by one we drop away.'
They had hands like claws, and their knees
were twisted like the old thorn-trees by the waters.
'All that's beautiful drifts away like the waters.' ----W.B. Yeats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Brandon,
Just saw your post. Please accept my condolences. I had an Uncle Millard who was the same for me. He taught me all the important things just by the way he lived his life. I still miss him as I'm sure you will miss your uncle. Remember though, you are his legacy. As you continue in his footsteps you keep his memory and the things important to him alive.
God bless you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm

In tough situations you'll be surprised how his influences come to your mind and resulting actions.

Jim..with deepest condolences
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.   Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear of your uncles passing. You're lucky to have enjoyed him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

for those of you not on my facebook.. Uncle William.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1