HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babysinister

babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake Empty
PostSubject: Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake   Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Along with an order for a Kaywoodie poker, I received an oz. each of two P-L house blend tobaccos (see the official P-L descriptions below for the full names). I've only tried the CF thus far, and found it's a delicious all-day smoke for me. Both have great tin aroma and I can't wait to try the Knightsbridge. This is the first I've heard of Connoisseur's Flake and suspect it may be a relatively new offering (?). Anyway, I heartily recommend it. There follow the two official descriptions, FYI all.

Park-Lane The Connoisseurs Flake
A rich and elusive mixture of over 15 different tobaccos! The best Ribbon Cut Virginia's, Virginia Flake, Pressed Virginia cake, Mild Cavendish, and a tiny bit of lightly flavored Sweet Cavendish all come together to deliver a rough but ready rubbed tobacco that delivers a big Virginia taste, with a slightly sweet finish. If you were a fan of "Scottish Ribbon", a fantastic tobacco made by Ed in the Connoisseur shop in NY, you should give this one a try!

Park-Lane Knightsbridge
A zesty mix of Bright, Red and Lemon Virginia tobaccos, blended with the Turkish tobacco Smyrna, which lends it's noticeable taste and irresistible aroma. A generous addition of Cyprian Latakia adds it's smoky top note, and a small measure of Perique is added to round out the blend and add to it's spicy finish. A full bodied but not overpowering English mixture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake   Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Knightsbridge is on my buy list! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babysinister

babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake   Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:19 am

ftrplt wrote:
Knightsbridge is on my buy list! FTRPLT

I just sampled Kingsbridge too. This blend's flavor and aroma are stunningly similar to Penzance, which is my favorite English-style blend. Seems these guys really know what they're doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Park-Lane Tobacconist's Connoisseur's Flake
Page 1 of 1