HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Wonder if Tad Gage knows that this beauty's available? I would be all over it but have other commissions in the works right now. Please take a moment to check it out and read the question & answer box below the listing. It isn't like me to get this worked up over a briar! What a pipe! My, my, my what a pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-UNUSUAL-ESTATE-PIPE-UNMARKED-BARLING-RARE_W0QQitemZ290398092606QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439d133d3e
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm

OK, I thought my latest pipe bidding on eBay was weird. Damn pretentious pipe smokers!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Pipe guys are sensitive????

Laughing

That's funny!
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm

It's the Unfinished Symphony of Barlings!

Somehow, I'm reminded of the man who found an enormous mountain of horseshit in his yard, and with a big smile started digging through it, saying, "There's got to be a pony in here somewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm

C'mon, Dock. I'm sure he'd swap you a couple Bangs for it if you don't have the cash right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

What amazes me is the seller said he had a box of 200 barlings!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

PegLegEd wrote:
What amazes me is the seller said he had a box of 200 barlings!!! Shocked

Or they found a Barling in the box and the rest of them had chambers and a bit so they must be Barlings too. No reason to get too caught up on the details. Laughing

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:04 pm

I could be mistaken. I don't think a brand new barling in the box wit 3 one hundred dollar bill would be worth $390.00. Correct me if i am wrong!!!
Thank You Danish Pipe Guy for the heads up on being careful what I bid on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 pm

There are Barlings that are worth some dough.. Unfortunatly an unmarked pipe is an unmarked pipe, regardless of what it was found with. I don't care if it comes with a pic of the good Mr Dunhill's rotted corpse grasping it with in a death grip in one hand and a file in the other.. Its still just an unmarked pipe..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm

I just bought one of those pre drilled briar pipe making kits and really can't seem to tell the difference between the two of them! As a mattrer of fact, I THINK THIS IS FROM A KIT! Laughing Damned bastids ALMOST sucked me in too!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:43 pm

Got a giant laugh out of this thread Dock! Speaking of Barlings and Tad Gage though, I showed him one of my Fossil Pots at Richmond last year and he commented on the rarity of the pipe, saying that he has never seen one with the stampings that mine contain. I was told by members of my pipe club that it must be quite rare if such a comment came from Tad. I will look forward to showing the pipe mentioned to you at the Newark Show Dock! Take care!

-Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Reminds me of a Buzzjack. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 pm

This joker is asking $390 for a pipe worth $.02 and he wants to know why we pipesmokers are so sensitive Suspect Took all my willpower not to answer with one of my patented "GoToHellO-Grams!!" Twisted Evil lol! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:11 pm

I just don't know what to say. I will have to make a point to avoid that seller. Or maybe I can sell him my cobs and tell him they are stanwells, since I have them in the same rack and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Come on, you guys have never heard of the famous pipe maker James Unmarked?

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 pm

It's a work of art. Unfortunately Art sucked at pipe making and went back to manufacturing widgets.

Looks like the guy doesn't know squat and figured for a couple bucks to list it, he'd roll the dice. Basketball

cutshot

Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 am

It looks to me like a Barling that the carver failed to remove everything that wasn't a Barling tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 pm

..........OK, you guys just said what I was thinking....... I can get a carve kit for $15 in better nick....... as this is pipe collecting for dumb asses made made easy...... I have a vintage collectors cob smoked by POPEYE in the 30's! $500...... any takers gents?
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Blek... Look at the shipping cost on Piet's deal..

I can do ya better anyway: a genuine, certified, unmarked (Sixten?) Cob. Taking offers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

PB ..................... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:03 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
..........OK, you guys just said what I was thinking....... I can get a carve kit for $15 in better nick....... as this is pipe collecting for dumb asses made made easy...... I have a vintage collectors cob smoked by POPEYE in the 30's! $500...... any takers gents?
Does it still have spinich residue in it? bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:00 pm

EJinVA........ Sorry my man. I did a full refirb job on it thats why its only worth $500......... besides Spinach VA may not sit well with some of the brothers!
lol!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:44 pm

SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh If you say that too loud Dan Tobacco will make Popeye Flake, a blend of premium Virginias, and Black Cavendish with a subtle essence of that most famous of treats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 pm

No, that is not a Barling !!!! It is obviously a Dunhill from 1343 B.C. as per the date code. I wish these EBAY sellers would get it right !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The Rarest Barling Pipe In The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next