7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

Registration date : 2010-02-24

7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 01, 2010 11:37 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
jeremyt wrote:
Great pass Ken ! cheers
Hey Rugbysh9, I know it's easier said than done, but take it slow and think about each move you make. I would hate to see a brother fall victim to a big ole box of tobacco !

"Friends don't let friends smoke a big ole big of tobacco alone"

Andrew, I'm here for ya buddy!!! If it becomes too much to handle, you can always drop it off at my house sooner than I expected to get it! Razz

I am ALWAYS willing to step up and help a BROTHER out...........

Thought you were in Syracuse this weekend Sean, if you're in the area get your arse over to the FCI. Lots and I mean lots of samples to dive into. PB, my hat is off to you for starting this pass and allowing me the opportunity to participate. I could not believe the weight of the box and more importantly the contents. Not sure about final takes but I can promise that the GLP Odyssey will not be leaving Danbury, CT. I dove into the samples head 1st this afternoon and evening. So far I tried:

McC CC '05 in the Tim Hynick Dublin
Uhlee's White Burley in a Stanwell 245
GLP Westminster in a M. Brissett Rhodesian
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:38 am

Still in Syracuse.......
They do have computers here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:49 am

Well I spent the majority of yesterday with the samples and have pretty much made it my mission to try all the Uhle's blends in the box before I give it to DP this week. Yesterday I smoked the Perfection Plug Burley and really enjoyed it. I could see myself really loving it if I mixed in some 5100 for a hint of sweetness. I smoked some more of the CC '05 this morning before I left for work and really like that issue (just proves to me that I have to sit on my 10 tins of this year's CC for at least a few years).
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:51 am

A worthy mission. Did you get to try the Uhle's # 300? That and the "white burley" were just frickin awesome...don't miss 'em!
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 11:00 am

Frost wrote:
A worthy mission. Did you get to try the Uhle's # 300? That and the "white burley" were just frickin awesome...don't miss 'em!

300 is scheduled for my "after work pre toddler home" smoke for this evening Frost

Loved the White Burley, was actually the 2nd one I tried when the box arrived Sat afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Alright boys the box is going to be passed off to Dover Pipes this weekend. I'll post final sampling list and puts/takes tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:21 pm

The box is moving! I'll be handing it off to DoverPipes tomorrow afternoon. This has been a great experince for me and I'm humbled to have been a part of it.
I had wanted to try some of the Haunted Bookshop but never found it among the samples, oh well. Out of the box I ended up trying the Uhle's 300, White Burly and Coniston Plug. I sampled some of the GLP Westminster and liked it so much that I took and oz. I also had about 3 pipes of the McC '05 CC as well as some of the C&D Otrthodoxy.

Takes:
1 oz. GLP Westminster
Tin GLP Odyssey
Tin Robert McConnell Scottish Cake

Puts:
1/2 tin GLP Robusto
1/3 tin C&D Evening Rise
2 oz. Smokers Haven Krumble Kake
1 oz. Boswell Premium Burley
Sealed tin CAO Liberty Flake (purchased in 06)
Sealed tin Orlik Golden Sliced

I'm already looking forward to the next one of these!!!

Andrew
Back to top Go down
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large
pipetongue1

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Nice Pass! tongue
Back to top Go down
PegLegEd

PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:13 pm

Nice Pass! sunny jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tennessee Dave

Tennessee Dave

Registration date : 2008-02-12

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Nice pass!
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Very nice Andrew!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:41 pm

(Echo over the sound system)
Now Batting.........
Num'Bah NINE!!!!!!!! DoverPipes!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
(Crowd erupts into mass applause and standing oviation) cheers
DoverPipes enters the box, checks the sign, and SWINGS!!!!!!!!!

I'll let you fellas know how the "scraps", that Andrew left for me, are. Razz

I guess the Wife & Kids won't have a chance to see me this weekend, huh??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeremyt

jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Great pass Rugbysh9 !!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice pass! cheers

I kinda like being further down the list... gives me more time to daydream and add more free pouches of Dreamcastle tobacs to the "puts for Box Pass" pile Twisted Evil just kidding of course, that would just be wrong Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:23 am

Guys I've got to say that there is def a bonus to having the ability to actually hand the box off. Dover's face pretty much affraid when he actually saw it and got to pry around a bit while we smoked a few pipes and shot the shit on Saturday. His face was priceless...really glad I was able to see it, jsut sad I din't have a camera ready to capture the moment and share.

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Rugbysh9 wrote:
Guys I've got to say that there is def a bonus to having the ability to actually hand the box off. Dover's face pretty much affraid when he actually saw it and got to pry around a bit while we smoked a few pipes and shot the shit on Saturday. His face was priceless...really glad I was able to see it, jsut sad I din't have a camera ready to capture the moment and share.

Andrew

Good show fellows!
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Rugbysh9 wrote:
I had wanted to try some of the Haunted Bookshop but never found it among the samples, oh well.
Andrew

Hey Rugs,
I think I found it.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

PostSubject: Box en route to Upstate New York!!!!!   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I am very happy to say that I have enjoyed my first B.O.B. Box Pass and I would like to thank PB and all of the other Brothers who went before me. The box was GREAT!!!

The box is now en route to Mark in Upstate NY.
The box was shipped via USPS Priority Mail w/ Confirmation # 0309 0330 0001 4093 9723. The box weighed in at 11lbs. 4oz !!!! affraid

Here is the list of puts and takes.......

Sampled:
1) The last of the 2005 McClelland Christmas Cheer (Crumbs really, but still delicious!)
2) Haunted Bookshop / approx 2-3 bowls (to split w / RUGBYSHK9, he missed it at the bottom of the box. You owe me one Rugs!!!!)
3)The last of the SG FVF (Scraps again!!!! Mad )
4) Uhle's Crushed White Burley / One bowl (On Pipetongue's recommendation)

Takes:
1) Peterson Irish Flake / One tin
2)Escudo / One tin
3)C&D Exhausted Rooster / One tin
4) MacBaren Virginia / One tin /open
5) GLP Robusto / One tin
6) SG Best Brown / One tin

Puts:
1) Boswell Magnum Blend / 1 1/2 oz. bulk
2) Savenelli Black Cavendish / One tin
3)Peterson's Sherlock Holmes / One tin
4)Peterson's 3P Plug / One tin
5)Peterson's Sweet Killarney / One tin
6)Presbyterian Mixture / One tin
7) Bengal Slices / One tin (This will need some TLC & humidity!! Collectors beware)
8)Boswell Berry Cobbler / 1 oz + bulk
9) McClelland Dominican Glory / One 100g tin / (Open but full and excellent condition)
10) Esoterica Margate / 1oz +
11) Hearth & Home VaPer Flake 2oz + bulk

I may have put in some CAO / Dan "Galway". I'm not sure if I did. I closed the box up and forgot what I did. If it's there, let me know. If it's not, I'll be happy to send it along if it is wanted)

GREAT TO BE A PART OF THIS FINE GROUP!!!! CHEERS TO YOU ALL!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
shadrack

shadrack

Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Nice pass! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Well done Dover!
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Very nice pass! cheers
Back to top Go down
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large
pipetongue1

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:10 pm

I vote the Dominican glory becomes a Sample....

I also vote that anyone touches that 3P won't be invited to Secret Santa or next years pass! (just kidding)
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:59 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I also vote that anyone touches that 3P won't be invited to Secret Santa or next years pass! (just kidding)
Hmmm..... I believe my turn comes up just before yours.......... Twisted Evil

gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: 7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.   7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass. - Page 10 EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:00 pm

and mine just before yours puff Smile
Back to top Go down

7th Annual Spring Forward Box Pass.
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: