HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Gun control in Switzerland

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
Since violent crimes are a smaller fraction of all crimes, the difference between the two countries is less than the homicide rate might make it seem, and the overall rates are generally close (see Crime in the United States).

Furthermore, in recent years, the gap in violent crime rates between the United States and Canada has narrowed due to a precipitous drop in the violent crime rate in the U.S. For example, while the aggravated assault rate declined for most of 1990s in the U.S. and was 324 per 100,000 in 2000, the aggravated assault rate in Canada remained relatively steady throughout and was 143 per 100,000 in 2000. In other areas, the U.S. had a faster decline. For instance, whereas the murder rate in Canada declined by 36% between 1991 and 2004, the U.S. murder rate declined by 44%. [8] Surprisingly, both Saskatoon and Regina consistently have Violent Crime rates that would place them among the 10 most violent cities in the US, and often individually exceed larger US centers in terms of Total numbers for Aggravated Assaults and Robbery.
In 2004 the murder rate in the U.S. dipped below 6 per 100,000, for the first time since 1966.[8]

Canada\'s total population (2009 Estimate): 34,630,000
United States total poulation (2009 Estimate): 309,162,581

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

We\'ve argued this before. The bottom line for me is, I\'d rather have the right & ability to carry a firearm and be able to defend myself if I needed to. Like the saying says, it\'s better to have it and NOT USE it as opposed to needing it and NOT HAVING IT.

PS: From personal experience: I have had people attempt to rob me in New Orleans, New York City, Baltimore & Boston. (All wonderful cities that have STRICT gun control I might add Razz ) Each time I was prepared and had my firearm ready and available, thus ending the attempts. I was lucky, two had knives and the others were strong arm / intimidation / group attacks. I simply had the superior firepower. In all cases, the \"local youths\" were held for police and subsequently arrested for their misdeeds.

I never fired a shot, lucky for them. I have also stopped several crimes in progress where others were being victimized (at least four attempted rapes, several violent felony assaults, one arson attempt, and a parental \"kidnapping\" in a shopping mall) This is over a period of time in excess of 22 years!!!

I will also add that I do have the ability to carry firearms throughout the US due to my occupation & the fact that I am also CCW licensed (as a private citizen in several states, in addition to my occupation). This is one of the things that I am glad for. I do feel sorry for those who don\'t have the same abilities as I do........

STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!! (Including you guys in Canada Very Happy )
PPS: Al, I know what you are saying. If we had the answers, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

what the fuck?

I didnt write all that. What bible waving moderator changed my post? All I stated was to the effect that I wasnt bible waving hippies off my land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:22 pm

and for your deacon dipshits: I am completely lawful. Have used lethal force as the law allows to protect my life and 3rd person life.

And that's the bottom line. Oh and I don't need anyone to back me up as I understand US law.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Texas Outlaw... Nobody messed with your post or anything else your dreaming up.. But if you'd really like to persist in violating board rules You can be shown the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 am

I always find it hilarious when some fat dipshit taunts an ex marine from a thousand miles away Laughing

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:44 pm

What's up with "Guest" ????? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:01 pm

FYI: This isn't a paying gig for Jason, Myself or our Mods. We do it for you guys and for a love of the hobby. We tolerate alot and have banned less than five members in total through our years of running this board. Unfortunately Texas Outlaw was'nt looking for a spirited debate. We actually encourage that. Everyone has a voice here who ever you are. TO was really just looking to antagonize and troll. It wouldn't be tolerated by anyone. The decision was made to cut him loose....
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Dover,
I had a big diplomatic message typed up but the bare truth of it is. He has been on and off the board for about a year being ugly.. He got mad and pouted up and left last time he was called on it.. But He returned.. He came on here being very ugly last night for no reason other than to be ugly.. I don't like ugly.

As to his charge: Anyone that can read can tell that it was a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote(another reason I hate when guys do that) but he made the choice to call me out.. (Edited in: the whole kicker of it was, I wasn't the one quoting anybody.. I hadn't did much besides post some videos and tell guys to keep their heads down)Also if you'd like you can look under a post and see if it has been edited and who edited it...

I didn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PegLegEd

Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:21 pm

I went to my closet and got my bullet proof vest, put it on and stayed away from that thread.
Ed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:33 pm

No sweat fellas. I figured he hadn't read the posts from start to finish.
I couldn't figure out the whole "deacon" comment. Then I remembered the whole "Turkey Incident" and I figured out who it was.
I can't for the life of me figure out why PB would be the target in this debate. He was barely involved in it, other than starting things off......

Oh well Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:56 pm

That's PB on the left Laughing

Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Gun Control in Texas:

You stay the fuck of my property and I'll contol myself and not shoot you in the ass.

I am THE Texas Outlaw and I approve of this message.

And If you ain't down with that, I got two words for you....

Yeah, does this sound like someone looking for a socially pleasant get together?

Most of the time everyone here keeps a degree of respect, even when there is disagreement over those classic hot topics: politics, religion, cobs vs. "common sewers", etc.

We come here to share our joys, and sometimes our sorrows, of our common love: the pipe and its tobacco.

In one post he managed to tell one and all to "stay..of(f) my property"..or I'll shoot you, and if you didn't like that message well..[two words] which I assume are "f'ck off". Kind of a 1%er type response.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. IMO

Al (in Canada)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gun control in Switzerland   Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:45 am

DoverPipes wrote:
No sweat fellas. I figured he hadn't read the posts from start to finish.
I couldn't figure out the whole "deacon" comment. Then I remembered the whole "Turkey Incident" and I figured out who it was.
I can't for the life of me figure out why PB would be the target in this debate. He was barely involved in it, other than starting things off......

Oh well Surprised

PB pissed him off awhile back so he was just trying to get back at him IMO. albino
Back to top Go down

Gun control in Switzerland
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2