HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet Empty
PostSubject: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:31 am

This is something I have been working on this winter.
I took an old microwave cabinet I built about 15 yrs ago, and added the top doors, locks, sealed the bottom section to keep out light, painted it, lined it with spanish cedar veneer, built the pipe rack and attached it to the top. I have some glass to get cut for the top to protect it.
It's alot better than the old plastic tubs I was keeping my stash in.
My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet Dsc00811
My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet Dsc00812
Back to top Go down
Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9

Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:39 am

That looks great. Also very convineint to get a drink and a bowl in one stop! drool
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 am

Very nice indeed. The cedar paneling is a very clever idea.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am

Awesome job EJ.
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:37 am

Absolutley fantastic,

the only thng i believe you're missing is a nice set of highball glasses featured on top. drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:31 pm

SmokeyTweed wrote:
Absolutley fantastic,

the only thng i believe you're missing is a nice set of highball glasses featured on top. drunken
Good point, they are actually in the kitchen, right of the sink, top cabinet, next to the room this cabinet is in. bom
Back to top Go down
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Wonderful idea and very creative. I wish I had that kind of talent.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Nice looking setup! Beats the heck out of my shoe boxes and milk crates.

Jim
Back to top Go down
adauria

adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

These are a few of my favorite things....

-Andrew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks for the compliments fellows, I really enjoy working on stuff like this, I find it relaxing. I can tinker in my shop smoking, drinking, and listening to whatever I'm in the mood for, without anyone but myself judging my work. sunny
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Nice work EJ, but you'll find the humidity in your area is detrimental to close tolerance work. The joints will separate causing the cabinet to go out of square resulting in the shelves detaching and dumping the contents, making a mess,,,possibly a safety hazzard.,,,In a concerned gesture I propose you ship that time bomb (and dangerous contents) directly north where I will keep an eye on it and report any suspicious shifting of materials so the replacement you build will be rock solid,,,,,, you can sleep secure in the knowlege your family is safe,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:04 am

mark wrote:
Nice work EJ, but you'll find the humidity in your area is detrimental to close tolerance work. The joints will separate causing the cabinet to go out of square resulting in the shelves detaching and dumping the contents, making a mess,,,possibly a safety hazzard.,,,In a concerned gesture I propose you ship that time bomb (and dangerous contents) directly north where I will keep an eye on it and report any suspicious shifting of materials so the replacement you build will be rock solid,,,,,, you can sleep secure in the knowlege your family is safe,,,
Thanks for your concern friend.
But, I've already done the engineering for that situation and planned the tolerences accordingly. If such a situation does start to develop an alarm system will alert me so I can take measures to prevent spillage, thus averting disaster. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:55 am

lol! lol!

Well, I tried,,, Razz

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Is that a bottle of Nadinola Skin Bleaching Cream I see in the corner,bro.?

Winslow Shocked
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:10 pm

That is awesome EJ! I missed it when you first posted but I am glad I saw it. I am saving the photo to my desktop so the next time Jo starts complaining about my humble collection I will just show here your setup and stash! That should quiet'n her down for a while! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 am

Winslow wrote:
Is that a bottle of Nadinola Skin Bleaching Cream I see in the corner,bro.?

Winslow Shocked

scratch What chu talkin bout Winslow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 9:27 am

Justpipes wrote:
That is awesome EJ! I missed it when you first posted but I am glad I saw it. I am saving the photo to my desktop so the next time Jo starts complaining about my humble collection I will just show here your setup and stash! That should quiet'n her down for a while! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Sure Bro, feel free to use these to aid in wife convincing, I use what others post to do the same all the time.
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 pm

That's a great setup! Very nice. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 9:31 pm

EJ! You did a super job with that! Looks great! Nice cellar too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Smokey Joe

Smokey Joe

Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Nice job on the cabinet, thanks for posting cheers
Back to top Go down
Canvasback

Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 10:42 am

Very neat storage idea.

Rodney
Back to top Go down
SocWorkerSmoker

SocWorkerSmoker

Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:27 pm

I am completely humbled by your baccy stash. I have maybe a tenth of that!

Cheers
Joshua
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyMon May 10, 2010 6:03 pm

SocWorkerSmoker wrote:
I am completely humbled by your baccy stash. I have maybe a tenth of that!

Cheers
Joshua

We have a guy here with over 400 pounds.
You got some catchin' up to do. lol!
Back to top Go down
Richard Hester
Author of "My Love My Pipe"
Richard Hester

Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:23 am

I see you have my two favorite birds in there very nice
Best Regards
Richard
Back to top Go down
http://charlesrhesterjr@aol.com.com
raf66

raf66

Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet   My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:29 am

Nicely done. Man, I sure wish I had a talented DIY bone in my body. I have problems changing light bulbs.
Back to top Go down

My Baccy/Liquor Cabinet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: