HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Live From NY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 am

This place has WIFI! Awesome! Well, I'm here live at the NY show. Spent the evening with friends smoking, eating and talking pipes. Had a bit of a surprise when friend Neill Archer Roan showed up with Robert Lawing. It was excellent to finally meet him. Talked quite a bit with Bro' Frost AKA Adam. I've already bought a ton of tobacco, a Nanna Ivarsson bent egg, a Larsen Pearl and a bunch more and the show ain't even started yet. Will update later. Going down to set up tables with Mel Feldman at daylight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:24 am

We are looking forward to the full report!!! Though I couldn't make the trip this year, I am there with you in spirit! You are probably eating breakfast right about now and getting ready to set up. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:35 am

Sorry I couldn't make it down this year--between the house and my lady's show, it's probably for the best.

Smoke a bowl for all of us!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Sounds cool Dock!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: NEW YORK PIPE SHOW 2010!!! WE WERE THERE WHERE WERE YOU?????   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:10 pm

The B.O.B.'s "Rogues Gallery" @ NY Pipe Show 2010
Left to Right
Scott aka "scottbtdmb"
Liam aka "dubhdarra"
Andrew aka "Rugbysh9"
Sean aka "DoverPipes" (I know, you're jealous....just admit it Razz )
Lou aka "skaukatt"
& His royal eminence Dock J. Perry aka "Danish_Pipe_Guy"

Didn't see / meet "Frost". Must have been undercover.........
I heard there were a few other B.O.B. members in attendance; I think Dock caught a few early on.

Good time had by all. Except for the horrendous treatment we received at the hotel's restaurant!!! I'll be contacting Wyndham Corporate for sure Twisted Evil ). The turnout seemed a little light to most of us. The weather SUCKED BIG TIME!!! Froze me arse off in the rain, trying to have a pipe with the other Brothers.

We have decided that there will be a B.O.B. Tri-State / New England get together when the weather gets nicer Very Happy
Andrew aka "Rugbysh9" has already said that he will serve as pit master and serve up some righteous vittles. I will hold him to it!!!

Pretty decent deals could be had if you know the ancient art of haggling Razz
I picked up some nice baccys (Well aged VA & a bunch of Solani 633 for $8 a tin! affraid )
We saw some really nice pipes. I really liked the pipes by Joe Skoda, Ian Walker, Tim Hynick & Mike Lindner. Mel Feldman was selling off his wares at really low prices. Steve Monjure was super cool. He appraised a pipe for me and gave me a little lesson on Italian pipes.

All in all, not a bad time. Despite what Springsteen & Bon Jovi say, New Jersey still sucks........ Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Dub looks drunk. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Aww man, I missed the photo op.

Sorry I didn't get to meet more of you fellas...I spent too much tim agonizing over what to buy and the wife was getting cranky so we had to split. Dock was kind enough to introduce me to a few of his friends/connections. I got to meet Mel Feldman, Rober Lawing and a few others who's names I can't remember because my brain is mush from overstimultation. It was my first pipe show and needless to say I was a bit overwhelmed!

There were some really amazing pipes at the show...I know Dock picked up a couple that really blew my mind. I ended up with an awesome Rad Davis, a Larsen and a couple tins of old baccy. Pics posted in the PAD/TAD forum.

Very glad I made the trip and had a great time. Can't wait to go to another!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 am

Seems like a great time all in all, maybe next year I'll make the trip. I've said this before and I'll say it again,
to bad we all don't live closer to each other, we'd make a hell of a pipe club. Here's to everyone getting home safely....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Midnight Blues wrote:
Seems like a great time all in all, maybe next year I'll make the trip. I've said this before and I'll say it again,
to bad we all don't live closer to each other, we'd make a hell of a pipe club. Here's to everyone getting home safely....

How far upstate are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm

DoverPipes wrote:
Midnight Blues wrote:

How far upstate are you?

D, I live in Camillus, about 12 miles west of Syracuse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Live From NY   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm

DoverPipes wrote:

The B.O.B.'s "Rogues Gallery" @ NY Pipe Show 2010
Left to Right
Scott aka "scottbtdmb"
Liam aka "dubhdarra"
Andrew aka "Rugbysh9"
Sean aka "DoverPipes" (I know, you're jealous....just admit it Razz )
Lou aka "skaukatt"
& His royal eminence Dock J. Perry aka "Danish_Pipe_Guy"

Didn't see / meet "Frost". Must have been undercover.........
I heard there were a few other B.O.B. members in attendance; I think Dock caught a few early on.

Good time had by all. Except for the horrendous treatment we received at the hotel's restaurant!!! I'll be contacting Wyndham Corporate for sure Twisted Evil ). The turnout seemed a little light to most of us. The weather SUCKED BIG TIME!!! Froze me arse off in the rain, trying to have a pipe with the other Brothers.

We have decided that there will be a B.O.B. Tri-State / New England get together when the weather gets nicer Very Happy
Andrew aka "Rugbysh9" has already said that he will serve as pit master and serve up some righteous vittles. I will hold him to it!!!

Pretty decent deals could be had if you know the ancient art of haggling Razz
I picked up some nice baccys (Well aged VA & a bunch of Solani 633 for $8 a tin! affraid )
We saw some really nice pipes. I really liked the pipes by Joe Skoda, Ian Walker, Tim Hynick & Mike Lindner. Mel Feldman was selling off his wares at really low prices. Steve Monjure was super cool. He appraised a pipe for me and gave me a little lesson on Italian pipes.

All in all, not a bad time. Despite what Springsteen & Bon Jovi say, New Jersey still sucks........ Razz

Thanks for the photo! Great shot. It was a great show and a great day!

Also, was a pleasure to meet fellow BoB'ers - bring on Chicago!!!

Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com

Live From NY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1