HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 am

The TAPS Show is in the bag and it turned out to be one of the best shows to date! The venue at the new fairgrounds facility was incredible and the turn out went way beyond our expectations!!!

The BoB was very well represented and it was just awesome to see and get to hang out with so many of the brothers. I apologize for not getting everyone in the photos (some by choice) but I did manage to get a few.

There were the usual suspects and a lot of new folks as well. I will let the photos speak for themselves.

Ol'Dawg (Jim), TallSmoke (Joe), Justpipes (me), Alfredo Buscatti (Mike) and Adauria (Andrew).

We didn't get aaronbtxnc (Aaron) in the group photo but here he is below working a sell at his table.

Lawdog (Robert Lawing) was working hard!

I regret that I didn't get a photo of FTRPLT (Byron) but he is going to be in town long enough to attend the TAPS Meeting Tuesday, and one way or another I will get a photo of him to add, that is if his wife doesn't beat him up too bad over the 100 lbs. of tobacco he bought at the show! Laughing Laughing Laughing BronxBill (Bill) Was also in attendance but regretfully I didn't get a photo of him, but that was probably because he was so excited about his new Brissett that he ran out the door too quicly to smoke it! Laughing I'll get him at the TAPS meeting too if he shows up!

Ol'Dawg working the table!

Walnut sampling station.

Another conversion!

For the sake of space and time I have thumbnailed the rest of the photos that include SmokingPipes.com, Lawdog's Pipes, Pipe & Pint, McCrainies, James Island Piper (Don Seatter), The "Charatan Man", Steve Monjure, Bob Hayes and many others that were too many for me to keep up with. There was an awesome collection of pipes from the lowest to the very highest grades and a huge amount of tobacco offerings!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Rugbysh9

Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:09 am

Looks like a great time Marc, thanks for sharing the pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:10 am

So who had the old tins? Those look like possibly Laurel Flake or MacCraigan's Flake.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 am

Cool. Looks like a good turn out. Thanks for sharing the photos! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 am

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a great day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 am

Great photo report JP. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankluke

Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 am

in the one pic with all the red ribbon stacked high, what is the middle blend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.internationalpipeclub.com
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:56 am

frankluke wrote:

That should be Murdock's Pipe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:25 am

Carlos wrote:
frankluke wrote:

That's correct.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 am

Carlos wrote:
So who had the old tins? Those look like possibly Laurel Flake or MacCraigan's Flake.

I believe the ones that you are asking about were on SmokingPipes' table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 am

Nice one Mark.... thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:24 am

Always interesting to have these reports from pipe & baccy shows. Thanks Mark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:31 am

Looks like a great time, Mark! Your hard work is good for pipemen everywhere--thanks for it.

Wish I could've made it down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:10 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Carlos wrote:

I believe the ones that you are asking about were on SmokingPipes' table.

There are two tins of Tribute on there also.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Wow looks like a blast!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: joseph-bruno   Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 pm

[b]Man...oh man....how I would've liked to be there and see that show. Seems like it was a great success.
Back to top Go down
Winslow

Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Great photos,I will see some of you boys this fall at the Richmond Show.

Winslow sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Looks like an all around success. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 am

I had a great time. The new venue was terrific, covered porch with tables and benches for smoking; plenty of display space. In spite of my best intentions, I bought another pipe; a Mike Brissett volcano, I am soooo weak. I'll try to upload pictures later.

It was nice to meet so many of the BOB members; it's always good to put a face to a name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 am

It was a great show. The only pipes that were screaming my name were out of my price range for now, so I held it together and just picked up a few tins of tobacco from C&D. I did enjoy seeing the BoBer's that were there. Always a pleasure, gents.

I then went to see my buddy Jim who tied me up a bunch of April flies for the trout streams around the mountain house. I'm heading up there now. See you boys in a few days!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

It was as much fun as it looks. It was truly great to meet so many of you guys. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer and had a smoke with you, but a 5 year old waiting to go to a friend's birthday party is like a ticking time bomb Smile

Still, my next major accomplishment (after meeting all you folks) was scoring that sweet Brissett pipe along with 13 tins to keep it well filled. I thought I was going to resist the Brissett and find something else, just to keep more diversity in my stable, but man there was nothing like it at the show for anywhere near it's price, at least not for me. As they say, you don't choose the pipe - the pipe chooses you.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Dang sorry I missed it, looked like fun. Glad you boys had a good time.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Like everybody has already said, it was a great venue and great show. The TAPS club really outdid themselves this year! You couldn't ask for a more friendly, caring and helpful bunch of guys. It was great being able to see the BoB brothers again and meet a few new ones too. Sure wish Dover, Winslow and Eric could have made it the show. Many thanks to Andrew and Bill for removing the temptation from the two Brissett pipes I would like to have added.

Jim...anxiously awaiting next years show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Justpipes wrote:
Carlos wrote:
frankluke wrote:

That's correct.

Part of the "100" pounds of "baccy I walked out with Laughing Absolutely great show. Mighty good to meet all the BoB's that were there! More of you guys and gals gotta' show up next year. We had a super time. Lots of pipes went out the door cheers And Tobaccy too (I did my share!!!!) FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phrozenfearz

Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: 2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 pm

I really wanted to attend this (and even help the TAPS guys out wherever I could), but I completely forgot about it. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2010 TAPS Show Was a Great Success!!! (Photos)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: