HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Wife stole my tobacco jars!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:11 am

It is berry season and since she doesn't work until later this afternoon, Mrs Hunter decided to can up a batch of blackberry jam.

Problem was she was short on jars so knowing I likely had a stash, she raided the cellar and stole my last case of Ball jars. So now I have to make a run to Wallymart before I can jar up the 2# of 2015 that is sitting here.

Oh well, seems like a decent trade off. The jam will sure taste good on a cold morning this winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

I honestly don't know why you stay married to her...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Usually it's the other way with me. Soon as a pickle or jam jar comes out of the dishwasher... I claim it Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 pm

lol! Ditto SP!
My wife values her life.......!
Back to top Go down
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:16 am

I know that feeling, both the jars being hi-jacked, and the smile of knowing that they were being put to a good (and tasty) use. Last time it was Christmas candy, and then she noticed some of it smelled of tobacco, and I had to ask her if she had washed them out and changed the seals. Very Happy

I use the clamp type sealers, so the rubber rings do absorb some odors over time.

I told her I would eat the "smelly" ones, and showed her where the extra rubber rings were kept. Hey it was for a good cause. jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 am

Al in Canada wrote:
I know that feeling, both the jars being hi-jacked, and the smile of knowing that they were being put to a good (and tasty) use. jocolor

You got it Al. Tobacco may feed our souls, but we still need something to keep the belly filled as well. Nothing that I have had any issues with as can be plainly seen. Razz

How's things in SWO? Our best friends moved away from Morpeth so I have little reason to get back there for a visit. Still have cousins and a few friends in Chatham but haven't been back there for a while either. Both are a long ways from Kansas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Wife stole my tobacco jars!!   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 pm

What isn't along drive from Kansas?
I remember the drive from Kentucky to Colorado Springs to visit my brother when he was at the AF Academy, and it took forever to get to Kansas, always thinking we were coming to a town, only to find a gas station and diner and 10 houses and a grain elevator. Kansas seemed to take foreverrrrrr to get across.
Biggest change you would notice here is the many wind generators for electricitiy around the area. And solar collectors are starting to sprout up too. The provincial government is paying a premium of 40 cents a kwh for their production for ten years, and they have just announced a increase in hydro costs (surprise, surprise), which combined with the new combined PST & GST into the HST means we will be hit with an 8 % increase there too.

Now go out and buy a new car so the people around here can get back to work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Wife stole my tobacco jars!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1