HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Droid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Droid   Sun May 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Hey guys, I just got a Droid on Friday and was curious to know if anyone else has one, what your thoughts are, etc.

Personally, I really like it. Great resolution, speed, apps, multi-tasking capabilities etc. My only wish is that it had a longer battery life. Some might find the fact it's a larger phone irritating, but for me it's a bonus.

Let me know your thoughts!
HP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Sun May 09, 2010 4:25 pm

I want one!

(but only because the Storm 2 doesn't function on the Wifes network of choice.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Sun May 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Buy one get one free on Droid right now. Of course, Verizon does not work well in this area.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadrack

Registration date : 2009-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Sun May 09, 2010 8:38 pm

happypipester wrote:
Hey guys, I just got a Droid on Friday and was curious to know if anyone else has one, what your thoughts are, etc.

Personally, I really like it. Great resolution, speed, apps, multi-tasking capabilities etc. My only wish is that it had a longer battery life. Some might find the fact it's a larger phone irritating, but for me it's a bonus.

HP

Had mine since the day it came out and love it. Just install Advanced Task Killer and have it clean up any open programs that may be running once you're done with them, that should improve you battery life. I've always had good luck with battery usage on it. Turning off wireless helps too. The way I see it if I'm paying for 3G coverage I'm going to use it rather than sap off my own wireless connection.

I second the beautiful screen, it has fantastic resolution. You made a wise choice. Enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks for the advice Shad, just installed it.

PB, I was a Blackberry'ian prior to this. I was a bit wary of trying a different operating system, but it's really grown on me quickly.

Cheers!
HP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Janitor

Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 am

I love my Droid. It's definitely one of the best phones on the market right now. Not only are the features and apps positively beautiful, it runs so smoothly. But I do second the advice to get Advanced Task Killer.

The Janitor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr_Jeff

Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 pm

happypipester wrote:

HP
Sounds great. But if it doesn't understand the binary language of moisture evaporators, then I don't need one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Mr_Jeff wrote:
happypipester wrote:

HP
Sounds great. But if it doesn't understand the binary language of moisture evaporators, then I don't need one.

Besides not being the droid you were looking for, this one doesn't even speak Bocce.

(sorry for the thread jack, HPipester, but I couldn't resist a good Star Wars reference!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Mr_Jeff wrote:

Thats the beauty of Open Source.. Write an App for it.... you will make a fortune on Tatooine. The Jawas have already switched to Android 2.1, from what I understand, you know the Tuskans cant be far behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gonefishing

Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Droid + root+ sp recovery+custom ROM = I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gonefishing

Registration date : 2010-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 8:21 pm

ADK is really not necessary since Android does such a great job at app management...just my 2cents Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

PostSubject: Re: Droid   Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Trout Bum wrote:
Mr_Jeff wrote:
happypipester wrote:

HP

Besides not being the droid you were looking for, this one doesn't even speak Bocce.

(sorry for the thread jack, HPipester, but I couldn't resist a good Star Wars reference!)

Not a problem TB, I loved it lol!

I can't say how thankful I am for the Advanced Task Killer suggestion, I can tell the difference already...

C3PO is working great, over and out lol (ok, I have Star Wars and trucker lingo mixed together, but gimme a break, I seriously have never seen Star Wars before lol... it's at the top of my "to watch, FINALLY...!!!!!" list lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Droid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: