HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pipe Photography Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZuluCollector

ZuluCollector

Registration date : 2007-12-12

Pipe Photography Tips Empty
PostSubject: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am

Hey guys. For anyone who might be interested, I wrote a blog post this morning in tips and techniques for photographing pipes.

I hope you enjoy it and that it's helpful.

Blog Post Link
Back to top Go down
http://www.apassionforpipes.com
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Neil, thanks for posting that, an interesting and informative read. Do you have a collection of your pipe photos posted somewhere online? A photobucket gallery perhaps? I love looking at the images on your blog-site but I did not notice a gallery there. That would be a wonderful thing to offer since your images are so enthralling.

Jim

Vinyl`meister
Midnight Blues

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Neil, Very good info. Well written and really point's out the fact that to many of us our pipe's are works of art. Keep up the good work.

Dan
Back to top Go down
ZuluCollector

ZuluCollector

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 6:03 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Neil, thanks for posting that, an interesting and informative read. Do you have a collection of your pipe photos posted somewhere online? A photobucket gallery perhaps? I love looking at the images on your blog-site but I did not notice a gallery there. That would be a wonderful thing to offer since your images are so enthralling.

Jim

Thanks Jim for your comments. I used to keep my whole collection online but it created havoc with my server. I should think about putting up a Flickr stream or a photobucket I suppose. Lots of uploading.....

Grins, Neill
Back to top Go down
ZuluCollector

ZuluCollector

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 9:41 pm

I spent some time this afternoon working with some new lighting strategies and with a different lens. I'm pretty happy with the results so I thought I'd share some pics here.

The pieces are 1 and 2) Alex Florov Calla Lily 3) Nanna Ivarsson Bent Egg and 4) Castello Old Antiquari Billiard.

The Castello is quite amazing in my opinion. Rarely does such a lovely blast show up and this one is just exquisite. It is also a wonderful smoker.

I love this Calla Lily. My wife got it for my birthday last year. The Nanna is a recent addition to my collection; it's rare that I purchase Danish high grades but I've always wanted a Nanna blast.

Pipe Photography Tips Alexflorovcallalily4zv0
Pipe Photography Tips Alexflorovcallalily7dv2
Pipe Photography Tips Nannaivarssonbentegg17kv0
Pipe Photography Tips Castellooldantiquaribilgh8
Back to top Go down
Dock
BoB's Team
Dock

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Neill,

That was an excellent resource! Thanks for posting it! I'm a huge fan of your pipe photography.I really like the idea of using a white background and will be experimenting with this myself....

Best,
Dock
Pipe Photography Tips 98591
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
ZuluCollector

ZuluCollector

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Hey Doc, thanks very much.

I think you'll find the white background very satisfying. It is a little tricky at first when it comes to dealing with too much light and not enough softness, but you'll get that worked out.

Good Luck and I'll be watching to see your pictures!

N.
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 8:26 pm

Very nice. Cool

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
Wet Dottle

Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 pm

How! Great pics. Thanks for posting that great guide. Now I'm eager to learn more...
Back to top Go down
JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Pipe Photography Tips   Pipe Photography Tips EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:35 am

Good advice, but would you happen to have a picture of the light box setup?
Back to top Go down

Pipe Photography Tips
Page 1 of 1