HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Calling all Pipe smokers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skrullion



Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Calling all Pipe smokers   Thu May 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Greetings all. Im fairly new to Pipe smoking and I have a small problem. Perhaps any of you could help. I live near Spokane Washington. Needless to say There is only One average Tobacco store and their selection is on the low end. I was gonna try to buy online but apparently There is a law about shipping Tobacco to Washington State. Its not allowed unless you are a dealer. SOooo, Wife and I were gonna get around that by having a road trip. She gets to do some sight seeing and I am gonna buy my tobacco out of state. The Question is. What are some good areas to hit that are not to far away from Washington state. We are going to head through Idaho and from there go about 4 to 6 states away. If any of you could give me a state and town as well as the name of the store that has a good (SELECTION) of pipe tobacco I would appericiate it. This way I can plan my road trip and hit the Towns in the States that have a good variety.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

avatar

Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Thu May 27, 2010 7:46 pm

If you can make it to Chicago to Iwan Reis you will find tobacco heaven...

For best value though I would have a friend or relative order over the net and have them ups it to you

Perhaps we have some brothers from your state with better solutions though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
avatar

Age : 45
Location : Olympia, WA
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Thu May 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Actually Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima has a pretty OK selection and have good prices. I know you are heading a different direction on your trip but it's a good place not too far from home.

http://www.lilbrown.com/

As to places out of state I'm not too sure.

_________________
Jason

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Ol'Dawg

avatar

Age : 71
Location : Northeast Georgia
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 pm

For a start, if you're going through Idaho, there's Outwest Tobacco in Pocatello. They seem to have a good selection of bulks and tins.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Thu May 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Re: Two Deleted Posts. Guys this is about the man buying tobacco not politics.
Knock the crap off..

--------------------------------------------

I would second the opinion of having it shipped elsewhere.. Maybe something like an out of state Mailbox Inc and then just swing by if your hearts set on travel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skrullion



Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: good info   Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 pm

jhuggett wrote:
Actually Lil Brown Smoke Shack in Yakima has a pretty OK selection and have good prices. I know you are heading a different direction on your trip but it's a good place not too far from home.

http://www.lilbrown.com/

As to places out of state I'm not too sure.

Will look into this when I travel that direction. never knew Yakima had anything like that. have passed throguh maybe a dozen times Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skrullion



Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: good info   Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

gandalfpc wrote:
If you can make it to Chicago to Iwan Reis you will find tobacco heaven...

For best value though I would have a friend or relative order over the net and have them ups it to you

Perhaps we have some brothers from your state with better solutions though...

Chicago. hmmm, that might be a kick in the pants to see that town. Considering at putting this as a final destination. If I do go there I will check out Iwan Reis. Wish I had relatives or friends in another state. Lol, there all in Washington.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skrullion



Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Up or Down   Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Ol'Dawg wrote:
For a start, if you're going through Idaho, there's Outwest Tobacco in Pocatello. They seem to have a good selection of bulks and tins.

Jim

Would that be North Idaho. Was gonna cut through Courde' alane..... (Oh hell, I cant spell it off the top of my head. You know the town.) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

avatar

Age : 50
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Fri May 28, 2010 3:40 pm

A pic from IR's website:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hammer8

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Hartford, WI
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Pipe smokers   Fri May 28, 2010 8:32 pm

skrullion wrote:
gandalfpc wrote:
If you can make it to Chicago to Iwan Reis you will find tobacco heaven...

For best value though I would have a friend or relative order over the net and have them ups it to you

Perhaps we have some brothers from your state with better solutions though...

Chicago. hmmm, that might be a kick in the pants to see that town. Considering at putting this as a final destination. If I do go there I will check out Iwan Reis. Wish I had relatives or friends in another state. Lol, there all in Washington.

If you do make it to Chicago, keep in mind Uhle's is just 2 hours north in downtown Milwaukee!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Calling all Pipe smokers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: