HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigpoppa

Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer   Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 am

Anyone here have any Custombilt pipes? I really like these pipes. They are huge but surprising light and smoke very cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:09 pm

[Suddenly, much later...] Yeah, Bigpoppa, I just recently stole, I mean purchased, one on eBay. Why, you may ask? Because I like the way it looks. And the size (6 x 2) is my favorite for a billiard. I have not smoked it yet because I am attempting to rid it of an aromatic ghost scent that I don't care for at all, but I shall partake quite soon. Hope it as good as many have claimed these pipes to be. I don't care for every Custombilt I have ever seen, but this one seduced me. Love the rustication. Wish more makers had the cajones to make something like this. It seems like a very practical way to utilize briar blocks that reveal a flaw in an otherwise good piece of wood. Here's a pic if I can remember how to do it:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

I am told that Tracy was from here in Indianapolis and used a grinder quite extensively in his carving lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer   Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:22 pm

That's a no-nonsense pipe, Richard. The right-angle to the bowl and shank says "business." The rustication says "grizzly." It's awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeno Marx

Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer   Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 pm

1) can you still purchase Bill Unger's book on Custombilts?

2) if not 1), then can anyone send me the digital PDF Unger once sold via email?

I'm looking to read this book. Hardcopy. Digital. Whatever it takes. Please PM me. I would so appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Custombilt pipes by Tracey Mincer
Page 1 of 1