HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Iphone4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Iphone4   Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 pm

The god of Apple fanboys everywhere announced the most wonderful of gadgets today.. The impressive Iphone4.. The 3.5' screen... 78% of the Ipads pixels..Nice, woulda been nicer to have the half acre Evo screen... A wee small bit faster processor.. Qualcomm's Snapdragon still kicks its arse.. And a little better camera...Not the 8mp options on HTC's comparibly priced product..but still nice.... Oh yeah, 'one more thing'. IF you have a WiFi connection you can video chat, unlike those nasty Androids that allow you to use 3g to do it..

The very worse of it, no Verizon, no Sprint, no T-mo.. Still stuck on crappy ole AT&T.. I don't get it, really I don't. Jobs is right up there with Pease as marketing genius.. Why can't he see how many phones he could sale if he went multiple carrier????? Options Stevie my boy.. Options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 pm

AT&T won't be the only carrier for long - Should be open to Verizon and the others before the year is out - been in the works for a while now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:05 pm

Only problem with that is that it has been in the rumor mill for at least 2 years now...

What strikes me as weird, despite all the unApple like leaks, is no KaBAM, Cha Ching, OMG I Gotta Have It, like at the past 3 WWDC... I don't hate Apple (although I pretend to, but only cause its fun to harrass all the lil Jobbers) but todays showing opened the fanboys up to some major asswhoopage in the Tech Forums.

About the only true PLUS I see is major updates to a smallish (by Now standards) screen... And as fast a processor as is currently in use by HTC (anyone seen the storys about the 1.2gig snapdragon that shipped last week and the 1.66gig duo core being produced but not shipped?... 1 gig is sooo week before last).

I really expected the guanlet to be thrown down and for Apple to tell Google to screw off.. Didn't happen,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Straight Grain

Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:33 pm

When it goes to TMobile I'll be buying one, but I've had bad luck with iPhones in the past on the ATT network and it was u g l y.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I've been an Apple convert for about 6 years now, first was an iPod, then switched to Macs, then the past 2 years iPhone to replace my BB's. Since I am on Tmobile I am still using the original iPhone classic which has been the easiest to unlock. Up until this new release of iOS 4, I have been able to keep the phone updated and pretty much current with the 3Gs other than processor speed and things like the built in GPS. Now the iPhone 4 will finally leave me in the dust. So, I am cheering loudly for Apple to open up to other carriers, especially TMobile.

Not sure what it is about Apple, it is a lot of little things that add up to a really good user experience. Android and the HTC phones have some very neat features, and the new 4G phone from Sprint is supposed to be incredible. iPhone is kind of like an old pair of Florsheim cordovan shoes (if anyone wore them), you could wear the heck out of them and then send them back to the factory and get the same thing back again but new, and it was like discovering them all over again. (sorry no idea where that analogy came from). iPhone stays the same but continues to evolve into something new and better but still comfortable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am

It is claimed that the networks of the smaller carriers will not handle the traffic. But even AT&T is wanting to scale back the unlimited Internet usage.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 am

Verizon in bigger than AT&T..both in coverage and suscribers..
Sprint/Nextel is as big, maybe bigger coverage wise, they just don't have as many suscribers as AT&T

Capacity wise, they are all about the same.. Until LTE/WiMax rolls out...
Besides the Androids are as/more Data Hungry as Iphone...

AT&T's move had nothing to do with capacity.. It was pure corporate greed. IF (as they claim) the average Iphone user used less than 200 megs a month why would they drop the $30 unlimited plan and 'half price' the deal when the Iphonies weren't complaining?????? Besides the rates per byte aren't cheaper on their 'cheaper' plans, they went up significantly if the 'averag user' doesn't use more than they have been..

AT&T have set on their arse the past 3 years soaking up Iphone profits.. If they had used half those profits on infrastructure they'd be number one in coverage,capacity, service, and customers... Take the Iphone from AT&T today and they will drop to 3rd very quickly.. 4th in a two year cycle..

Plus, how screwed up is it for Iphone4 to come out with some new neatness and AT&T telling Apple.. Can't use this, can't use that, if they want to use that its $30 more (on top of the $30 more & $20 more AT&T cust already pay).. I hate AT&T..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Iphone4   Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:54 pm

puros_bran wrote:

Plus, how screwed up is it for Iphone4 to come out with some new neatness and AT&T telling Apple.. Can't use this, can't use that, if they want to use that its $30 more (on top of the $30 more & $20 more AT&T cust already pay).. I hate AT&T..

Yes this was one of the biggest bone-head moves I have seen on both ATT and Apples part, on the day they announce some of the coolest features for phone connectivity - video chat, etc - ATT introduces new plans that eliminate the unlimited plan and make everything else that much more expensive if you want to use data-intensive features. Plus if you had an iPad and were using the on-again off-again data feature that was originally part of the deal, now you have to pay every month or you lose the unlimited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Iphone4
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: