HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

baggy question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
burritosdaily

Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 am

Okay.... stupid question that has probably been asked a million times but I wasn't able to locate an answer....

How long can a bulk storred in a baggy last? for example I have an order coming from boswells and I'm wondering how long I can keep it in good condition inside the baggy?

A very rookie question but I am trying to make my way up the learning curve.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 am

I'd give it a few weeks or maybe a few months in a good quality baggy. Double bagged, maybe a bit longer. I've found the aromatics from Boswells to be a little on the moist side, so maybe that'll extend it.

My recommendation is that you get glass ball jars for any tobacco you want to store for more than a few weeks. Whenever I receive bulk in baggies or pop open a tin, the contents (minus a bowl, of course) go right into jar immediately. In a well sealed jar tobacco will last practically forever.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:50 am

My experience with a few of boswell's blends specifically has been that, although they are not super goopy like some other aromatics, they do tend to maintain their moisture level rather well. YMMV of course.

I had various amounts of Dan's Blend, the premium burley, northwoods and PA Dutch treat that I left in the bags they came in for about two weeks due to lack of storage containers. The bagged portions of Dan's blend, northwoods and PA Dutch treat were not appreciably wetter or drier upon inspection than the portions of the same tobaccos that I had sealed and jarred, or the portions that I kept in a glass humidor, or the portions that I kept in empty American Spirit tobacco tins. The premium burley was a bit drier than the others for unknown reasons, but still smokable without requiring rehydration.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
burritosdaily

Registration date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:20 pm

thanks for the thoughts guys....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:35 pm

I am not a fan of bags at all unless I am going to smoke it real fast. All my baccy goes into glass of various sizes.
Back to top Go down
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Get it under glass yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: baggy question   Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:46 pm

ftrplt wrote:
Get it under glass yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT
well Said FTRPLT!
Back to top Go down