HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Achtung! Ja, you vill obey dese rules.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Al in Canada

Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Achtung! Ja, you vill obey dese rules.   Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Some time back someone asked me about what it takes to get your wrist slapped on another, rather well known forum.

My most recent case involved some one questioning an EBay offering for "bamboo pipe extensions", which are in fact crude bamboo hash or crack pipes. My response was to the effect that they were not ever intended for smoking tobacco, and then quoted a verse from Bob Dylan's song "Everbody must get Stoned".

I have been notified my posting has been deleted, and this time the Moderator actually offered an explanation, citing the rule i had contravened:
"15) Discussions of any type about illegal substances such as drugs are prohibited and will be deleted without notice."

Last time this happened I was not offered any explanation, and had to dig it out of them.

This of course overlooks the obvious fact that my posting "sinned" by stating what should have been obvious, the pictures were of drug pipes. So comments like "wow those are crude" or "I wouldn't use those as bamboo extensions" are okay, but not ones that noted that the emperor was wearing no clothes.

Al (in Canada)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Achtung! Ja, you vill obey dese rules.   Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:56 pm

I guess you haven't experienced Mel... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Achtung! Ja, you vill obey dese rules.   Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:09 pm

I just stay here & behave myself lol! tongue Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Achtung! Ja, you vill obey dese rules.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1