HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mathew J

Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:31 am

Would you select? granted a pretty massive difference in price but wondering of the three which you would select if given the choice, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:39 am

Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 am

I'm with KAP here but if you must........ 'old boy'!!
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Baie Dankie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:08 am

I love my Old Boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am

Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Baie Dankie!

Kap jou bliksem jy praat Afrikaans...... you been holding out on us brother...... where you learn that? cheers
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:24 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Baie Dankie!

Kap jou bliksem jy praat Afrikaans...... you been holding out on us brother...... where you learn that? :cheers:

Ek praat nie Afrikaans nie, (just googled 'how do you say thank you very much in Afrikaans'; oh, and I also googled the phrase 'I do not speak Afrikaans' as well). Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:32 am

Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Baie Dankie!

Kap jou bliksem jy praat Afrikaans...... you been holding out on us brother...... where you learn that? cheers

Ek praat nie Afrikaans nie, (just googled 'how do you say thank you very much in Afrikaans'; oh, and I also googled the phrase 'I do not speak Afrikaans' as well). Cheers!

Appreciate the efforts brother, best 4th of July wishes to you!
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:35 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Appreciate the efforts brother, best 4th of July wishes to you!

Thanks. Enjoy the day of sampling all those classic American Burley blends. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 am

Later Kap...... good to chat! ....smoke hard!
Back to top Go down
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 am

Kap, you say that as "buy-a-donkey" and you'll be close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:18 am

I have all of the listed lighters and for me it the rollagas hands down. With any Dunhill or Dupont lighter make sure you get one with the pipe jet as the estate change over runs close to $100. I used to get the job done without the rebuild for $20 but ARS will not do the jet change without doing the rebuild anymore. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am

RonA3597 wrote:
Kap, you say that as "buy-a-donkey" and you'll be close.

Spoken like a true South African who has been hanging around with Muddler in deep dark Africa....... as funny as it seems, Ron is quite right, "Buy a Donkey" would be right pronunciation!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:52 am

IMCO. Best pipe lighter on the market for the money. I've been using the same one for 10 years, no problems.

IMCO is the second oldest lighter manufacturing company in the world only behind Ronson.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Old Boy or PipeMaster from IM Corona are the only ones to get

Had and loved my dunhill, but corona does it better at a fraction of the price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:49 pm

Justpipes wrote:
IMCO. Best pipe lighter on the market for the money. I've been using the same one for 10 years, no problems.

IMCO is the second oldest lighter manufacturing company in the world only behind Ronson.

Bought one on your recommendation JP and have been very happy with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Justpipes wrote:

just bought one of those at the cash register at my local B&M down the street for $10.00
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mathew J

Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:11 pm

daveinlax wrote:
I have all of the listed lighters and for me it the rollagas hands down. With any Dunhill or Dupont lighter make sure you get one with the pipe jet as the estate change over runs close to $100. I used to get the job done without the rebuild for $20 but ARS will not do the jet change without doing the rebuild anymore. Shocked

hey Dave,

Out of curiosity anything about the Rollagas that makes it the winner? I have read a few archived NG posts and a bunch seem to suggest the Rollagas has leaking issues from time to time whereas the Unique is not subject to that...also no real tangible complaints on the Corona line that I have seen....

And ouch, $100 to mod the lighter to a different flame is spendy, another reason for me to shy away from Dunhill when compared to IM as the service is included so to speak.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:28 pm

Dunhill is more jewelry than IM by far, that blue stone inlay into the gold frame is stunning, but the IM does the job of being every bit the lighter, and a bit more reliable

I've had two rollogas, and they were the second best lighters Ive ever owned, but the IM Maggie and Pipemaster are better - I would add the Old Boy but I have not owned one yet (next on the list)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...   Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Last year I saw and tried a Dunhill Unique for the first time. It seemed to be a little finer made/had closer tolerances than the Corona Old Boy. The Dunill didn't have a built in tamper though and for several hundred dollars more than the Old Boy I didn't think it was worth the difference. I've been very happy with my Old Boy and Pipemaster. The Imco is a good knock around lighter for a lot less.

Jim...my ha'pence
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dunhill Unique, Rollgas, or Im Corona Old boy which...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1