HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

BOB's South African brothers get together (pictures)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: BOB's South African brothers get together (pictures)   Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:52 am

MisterE wrote:
Piet,

That Rainbow is a beaut! I had no idea know there were trout streams in South Africa. I am also a big fly fisherman- hope to get up to Colorado later this summer to fish the Dolores. Big Browns and Rainbows await me..... cheers

Muddler,

Love the Pete, AND the Brownie! The perfect river pipe for sure.

Do the So. African trout tend to favor Walnut as well??? Laughing

Funny E... yes they love Walnut and buggers
All our trout are grown in holding ponds and released into trout lakes in colder parts of the country where they do well but fail to spawn in still water . Wild trout do occur in high mountainous areas and spawn successfully but they are small wild and only for the brave at heart..... that would be MUDD and I!!!!
Back to top Go down
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: BOB's South African brothers get together (pictures)   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Quote :
MisterE wrote:
Piet,

That Rainbow is a beaut! I had no idea know there were trout streams in South Africa. I am also a big fly fisherman- hope to get up to Colorado later this summer to fish the Dolores. Big Browns and Rainbows await me..... cheers

Muddler,

Love the Pete, AND the Brownie! The perfect river pipe for sure.

Do the So. African trout tend to favor Walnut as well??? Laughing

Funny E... yes they love Walnut and buggers
All our trout are grown in holding ponds and released into trout lakes in colder parts of the country where they do well but fail to spawn in still water . Wild trout do occur in high mountainous areas and spawn successfully but they are small wild and only for the brave at heart..... that would be MUDD and I!!!!

Awesome! What varieties do you have there then? I saw Rainbows and Browns in the photos but what about the wild trout up in the streams? Here in AZ we have both the Apache and Gila trout in addition to the rest (Rainbow, Brown, Cutthroat etc). I might take a short weekend trip up to the White Mountains here for some Apaches later this month. I'ts mostly on top there with attractors unless you hit a hatch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: BOB's South African brothers get together (pictures)   Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:00 am

Rainbow, Brown, Golden (Albino rainbows). Here and there a couple of brookies. thats it. There are wilds in the streams that spawn naturally. they are taken on natural patterns. Midges, mayflies, caddis etc. Attractors work ell in our still waters!
Back to top Go down

BOB's South African brothers get together (pictures)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2