HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

An Interesting T-Shirt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:46 am

Last edited by Kapnismologist on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 am

Kapnismologist wrote:
Seriously though, while it is certainly a cliche I think you will agree that the academic life and fine briars, and even finer tobaccos, compliment one other quite nicely.
So true, Kap! And tweed jackets, too, to complete the Professor. Sometimes tradition exists with good reason. I actually feel a little heart-warmed thinking about the Fall term now.

I always warn my students that their papers I'm handing back may be redolent of pipe tobacco... but I trust they prefer it tot the alternative of my correcting and grading without the calming influence of the briar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 am

Last edited by Kapnismologist on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Kapnismologist wrote:
Seriously though, while it is certainly a cliche I think you will agree that the academic life and fine briars, and even finer tobaccos, compliment one other quite nicely.
So true, Kap! And tweed jackets, too, to complete the Professor. Sometimes tradition exists with good reason. I actually feel a little heart-warmed thinking about the Fall term now.

I always warn my students that their papers I'm handing back may be redolent of pipe tobacco... but I trust they prefer it tot the alternative of my correcting and grading without the calming influence of the briar.

Dang Doc........ you too...... damn..... go figure with that title!!!!!
Now I'm really scared................ life here at the University is hectic............ good thing none of you guys are on my review board.... I'll really come short!!!!
I am supposed to be a subject expert in my field but round here they make me feel like a bottom feeder!!!!

I blame you guys and BOB for not publishing enough papers, imagine I spent the same time on research!!!!!!!!! confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:04 am

Sometimes I wish I could have taught fifty years ago or so...but then I wouldn't have the Internet and all you nice people to know.

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Now I'm really scared................ life here at the University is hectic............ good thing none of you guys are on my review board.... I'll really come short!!!!
I am supposed to be a subject expert in my field but round here they make me feel like a bottom feeder!!!!

I blame you guys and BOB for not publishing enough papers, imagine I spent the same time on research!!!!!!!!! confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused
That title is a dodge, I'm afraid... I have a terminal degree, but not a doctorate. And believe me, I'm an adjunct at a community college... the very definition of "low man on the totem pole!" (I tell people I'm a professor in New Haven and just let them infer I'm in a much more lofty position Cool )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:19 am

Last edited by Kapnismologist on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 am

Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
I blame you guys and BOB for not publishing enough papers, imagine I spent the same time on research!!!!!!!!!

Next time your department chair asks you about it, just say you are working on analyzing shifting trends in the aesthetic sensibilities of contemporary artisan pipe carvers and concomitant shifts in audience response, and that your chosen research methodology is extensive and sustained 'participant observation'.

Now Kap....... that's the S*#T that scares me............
I wish, but the research Methodology of Arts Education is really what these guys are after....... Mad Mad Razz Razz Exclamation Exclamation
Action research is the name of the game here and I hate this form of gathering Data......... I am a home study researcher if I need to classify myself as such...... which I am not either!!!

Last edited by Piet Binsbergen on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:28 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Sometimes I wish I could have taught fifty years ago or so...but then I wouldn't have the Internet and all you nice people to know.

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

That title is a dodge, I'm afraid... I have a terminal degree, but not a doctorate. And believe me, I'm an adjunct at a community college... the very definition of "low man on the totem pole!" (I tell people I'm a professor in New Haven and just let them infer I'm in a much more lofty position Cool )

There you go Doc.... I have an honours in Art History (cum laude) a Masters in Painting..... but no doctorate either...... that is why I am under such pressure....... I love my students and love the lecture hall, research on the university's turf, their way really SUX EGGS!!!!
I am supposed to have a Title, proposal and a Defense done by November...... yea right, all I want to do is paint. Bad enough that I need to deliver a paper in August at the National visual art conference!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:46 am

Last edited by Kapnismologist on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:53 am

Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Now Kap....... that's the S*#T that scares me............
I wish, but the research Methodology of Arts Education is really what these guys are after....

In that case, how about you claim your time on BoB as 'participant observer' research for a project on the pedagogical implications of inculcating a sound appreciation for the artistry of a properly sandblasted briar through online pipe discussion boards. That's all I've got!

In all seriousness, though - stick it out, and I am sure you will come through just fine!

How we got from a pipe related t-shirt to this, I'll never know (I think it was Natch's comment).

Kap, thanks........ only a bunch of academics can go from t-shirts to Doctorate Proposals in one thread!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:20 am

(now I think we have exhausted this thread).[/quote]

Darn: I was hoping to see someone's wife modeling their new T-shirt before we closed the thread. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:49 pm

hobie1dog wrote:

(now I think we have exhausted this thread).

Darn: I was hoping to see someone's wife modeling their new T-shirt before we closed the thread. Sad [/quote]

Hobie has broken the train of thought!!!! cheers cheers
Ron has been kind enough to send two over for Mudd and myself.......... I get my Mrs. to do it midst your Mrs. is first. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Interesting T-Shirt   Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Kapnismologist wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Kap, thanks........ only a bunch of academics can go from t-shirts to Doctorate Proposals in one thread!!!!!! lol!

Too true.

I am rooting for you, and wishing you continuing good work. Hang in there!

(now I think we have exhausted this thread).
Ok Thanks KAP....... only if you agree to be my International Examiner!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

An Interesting T-Shirt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2