HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PanheadJack

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:25 pm

That's good news. I live for my first cup and bowl every morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PanheadJack

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:30 pm

Kapnismologist wrote:
I believe it is said that Voltaire drank dozens upon dozens of cups of coffee every day (at the famous Procope Cafe in Paris, where all those Enlightenment era dudes hung out). He died at the ripe old age of 84, quite a feat in the 18th century.

On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated "Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 pm

lol! lol!

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:21 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
whitebriar

Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 am

PanheadJack wrote:

On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated

"Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."

i hate to admit it, but that has a certain logic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 pm

whitebriar wrote:
PanheadJack wrote:

On his deathbed, responding to a Priest asking that he renounce Satan, Voltaire stated

"Now, now my good man. Now is not the time to be making enemies."

i hate to admit it, but that has a certain logic!!

Yup. There was a man who knew precisely where he was going. Not good to tick off the boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matthew

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:39 pm

BUMP!

I certainly hope that this study is true. I am presently suffering through a bout of health paranoia (no real reason) and this could help ease m'mind a bit.

And for those of you who do not drink coffee? Health aside, you are missing out on one of the most glorious palette pairings known to me: good, natural tobacco and coffee. Nothing pairs with the pipe like a cup of the dark, black stuff.

TRY IT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rad Davis

Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:59 pm

When I was in college in the 70s, multiple studies showed that coffee caused cancer. During that same time there was a huge worry about global cooling, and scientists were sure we were nearing the next ice age.

Now, it's just the opposite! Laughing

Rad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raddavispipes.com/pipes.htm
whitebriar

Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Matthew wrote:
BUMP!

And for those of you who do not drink coffee? Health aside, you are missing out on one of the most glorious palette pairings known to me: good, natural tobacco and coffee. Nothing pairs with the pipe like a cup of the dark, black stuff.

TRY IT!

for sure, for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Quote :
Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world ?
Married one.

Happily ever after after 21 years.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:28 pm

I remember my 12th birthday. My folks had always given us kids coffee with milk so they didn't have to make hot chocolate too. It was more like milk with coffee added, but on that day my breakfast coffee was black. I said "What's this? My Dad replied, "You're 12 years old now you need to start drinking it like a man."
I can't/haven't gone a day without it since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Yak wrote:
Quote :
Would God ever knowingly allow another Irish-Swede in this world ?
Married one.

Happily ever after after 21 years.

What a Face

37 years for me Yak. they've got this stick-to-it-iveness about them don't they? she's a Calhoon/Lundquist what a mix!!!
but I love her still. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Dang! I am getting old. I just posted something on this thread a second time. It's like deja vu all over again. Well at least my postsare consistant. I guess Slow Puffs is right, I'm just another old fart. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:09 am

I certainly hope those studies are correct! I've been a 2 1/2 to 3 pack a day (sometimes more) smoker for most of my adult life. And, I've averaged drinking 12 to 30 cups of coffee per day during that same time period! affraid affraid

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 am

piet! you're back!!!

quick beer story. when i had my first beer (14 years old), the guy who gave it to me said, "matt, this is gonna be like kissing. at first you may not like it and wonder what the big deal is. but keep doing it. soon it will be one of your favorite things." true that, bro!

as the sleep medicince guy (but also an avid coffee drinker), i feel the need to state that caffeine stays in your system a good 6+ hours. factor that in if you're drinking cups and cups of it. also, even small doses of caffeine can cause PVC's. four cups of coffee is a lot of caffeine, 500mg or more. (that's more than no doze pills and/or diet pills.) if you feel your heart bouncing around, you're throwing PVC's. (hopefully starbucks didn't fund this study.)

hobie1dog i agree with you, every day we're bombarded with conflicting 'studies'. i remember coffee and eggs killing us a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skip48
Jig Master

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Well that's another good thing having to do with coffee. Not a long time back they also said that drinking coffee helps keep the liver from damage for drinking alcohol. It does something that changes and prevents damage to the liver.

Skip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thumpitjigs.com/
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Rad Davis wrote:
When I was in college in the 70s, multiple studies showed that coffee caused cancer. During that same time there was a huge worry about global cooling, and scientists were sure we were nearing the next ice age.

Now, it's just the opposite! Laughing

Rad

How true! When I hear someone say "X has been found to be bad for you in a new study", I have started to say, "Wait 5 years." It all changes.

That having been said, I like having this recent study in my back pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Hermit wrote:
Guess I'm gonna live longer than I thought.
Better buy more tobacco. Laughing

This!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Natch wrote:
I have to have two or three big, strong cups every morning, but don't drink it later in the day. I seem to be so addicted to the caffeine that if I have a late night and don't have to get up early, I'll have a roaring headache by 7 or so and have to get up, throw down a cup or two, then I can go back to bed!

Not a good thing, is it?

Natch

Um, well, if it were whiskey, say, that might not be a good thing! Or would it?

drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aristokles

Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*   Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmmmmm...IIRC back in 1965 my pipe smoking AND coffee consumption began almost simultaneously.
Hope the study is valid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Coffee cuts cancer risk significantly *New Study*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2