My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
velveteagle

velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone Empty
PostSubject: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 pm

We sometimes find in life that being too busy to earn that buck takes our life away.. Well I spent my bit in the Army way back and retired Dec 2008 from a job that could kill or drive insane most. Now early in the morning or at dusk I find myself taking the pipe and a drink or book out to my back yard. Living out in the countryside has its ups and downs.. I will survive Brothers Of Briar...
Chuck

My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone Early_12

Back to top Go down
http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Is that your back yard....? Shocked

Whether or not it is, I agree with your thoughts... the sooner one can get out of the stresses and strains, the better.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Slow Puffs wrote:
Is that your back yard....? Shocked

Whether or not it is, I agree with your thoughts... the sooner one can get out of the stresses and strains, the better.

Yes indeed it is.. The deer come near the back and don't seem to mind the smell of me or the pipe.. We put tons of work through the years living here in the sticks... Koi ponds and the growing trees and landscape plantings.. Little Eden with only the noise of waterfalls and calling birds.. Except the Wife when she needs me..

Last edited by velveteagle on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 pm

I have a similar backyard, VE, with a good 40 acres of fields and woods. I love the early misty mornings and cool nights. Rumor has it they want to put a highway bypass right through the back edge of it, though. Killing me.
Back to top Go down
http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:49 pm

Well you two are very close to eden... Very Happy You're very fortunate.
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
jhuggett

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:54 pm

Looks awesome!

velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

TallSmoke wrote:
I have a similar backyard, VE, with a good 40 acres of fields and woods. I love the early misty mornings and cool nights. Rumor has it they want to put a highway bypass right through the back edge of it, though. Killing me.

Sorry for delay.. Good news.. Learned how to use ebay. Won a nice Bent Stem MEERSCHAUM PIPE w/old case $25 bucks that includes shipping costs.. It is an Estate but looks great to me. I hope they don't put a highway bypass in your area.. You better make all the good memories you can now so you can ponder them later while enjoying a good pipe smoke my friend.. Oh I am so happy about getting a Meerschaum again after my friend must have hidden some of the pipes before he passed on family could not find some and the meerschaum was my reading pipe.. Laughing
Not sure I am allowed to post photos on this part of the forum so I won't..
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father
jhuggett

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Post photos anywhere on the forums.

mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Great photo, pairs well with a cup of coffee and a good pipe,,,a few crickets chirping and an occasional bullfrog,,,,a rocking chair next to the wife,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone + Estate Pipe from Ebay Today    My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:37 pm

mark wrote:
Great photo, pairs well with a cup of coffee and a good pipe,,,a few crickets chirping and an occasional bullfrog,,,,a rocking chair next to the wife,,,

You got that right Mark.. Life is always now.. It's the simple things that I get joy from.. Like this Estate pipe I won a bid on today from ebay for $25.00 that includes shipping.. Nothing wrong with it either great seller.. Yea.. Now to figure out what blend will smoke best in it..

My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone Bent_s10
Back to top Go down
St Fiacre

St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:37 am

That Meer looks great for an estate, it does not appear to have seen much use. A fact which I am sure you will soon remedy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law
Centurian 803

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 am

I tip my hat to you velveteagle! You have found the secret to success. You must feed the soul as well as the body. cheers
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:27 am

Centurian 803 wrote:
I tip my hat to you velveteagle! You have found the secret to success. You must feed the soul as well as the body. cheers

So very true Centurian.. Every thing we do here on earth only the sweetest will we ponder for eternity.. A learning process I work at each moment.. Thanks my friend...
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 am

Love those eagle/dragon claw meers. That's a cool stem/bit to go along with it, too.
Back to top Go down
http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

For a man with a nice camera in his Avatar i expect to see lots more of these great photos!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 pm

inspiring Stuff indeed VE......... dig that meer you have too!
What more would a man want, you are a talented photographer bro!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

TallSmoke wrote:

solve the problem Tall One............build me a studio where they want the highway......... Laughing
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Pictures On the Horizon    My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm

SmokeyTweed wrote:
For a man with a nice camera in his Avatar i expect to see lots more of these great photos!

Not a problem SmokeyTweed.. My www link below should take you to some of my pics if you desire to view.. Love camera work and nature.. I will keep our Brothers Of Briar theme in mind to make a few of us smile in thought...
Chuck..
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:15 pm

Looks like you are doing a bit better than just surviving there Eagle! Very Nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Justpipes
The Duke
Justpipes

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:19 pm

Very nice work on your website Eagle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
PanheadJack

PanheadJack

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Good shot of your property. Still learning how to use my Nikon D-300.
Back to top Go down
uncleshakey

uncleshakey

Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Velveteagle, I did two tours in VN with the 101st Airborne in Recon. Like you, I find the remote areas very relaxing. I have lived in the woods, in the jungle and by a lake. The early morning, a good pipe and tobacco and what ever drink the day calls for. It just don't get any better. Especially if there is a slight mist or fog in the area.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:13 pm

uncleshakey wrote:
Velveteagle, I did two tours in VN with the 101st Airborne in Recon. Like you, I find the remote areas very relaxing. I have lived in the woods, in the jungle and by a lake. The early morning, a good pipe and tobacco and what ever drink the day calls for. It just don't get any better. Especially if there is a slight mist or fog in the area.

uncleshakey.. Life now sure beats being up to your ( A ) in elephant grass. One thing I brought back from the military was I will enjoy the simple things. Life is such a gift. Life is poetry I believe. Photos help me share that poetry. This place and smoking a pipe makes music in the air and gives me a good warm feeling. People really need each other to share good things.. Now ya got me started.. Very Happy
I won a little stubby pipe on ebay last night.. Nothing fancy but I bet it will smoke just fine.. Now to find a place where I can order a replacement stem for my Erik Nording 5. They want ya to mail the pipe in and spend $30.00. I just want to order a stem for the free hand type and if needed shave it down to fit.. I am good at searching but not much luck.. Have a great week and thanks for sharing..
Chuck..
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:14 pm

You might find a stem at pimopipecraft,,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: My Early Morn coffee Zone   My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 pm

mark wrote:
You might find a stem at pimopipecraft,,,,

Well thank you very much Mark... My order is in.. Lots of cool pipe making stuff too.. Oh the future has so much to offer..
Chuck.. cheers
Back to top Go down

My Early Morn Pipe n Coffee Zone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next