HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Why did you choose your online name (handle)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:08 pm

I chose "Slow Puffs" to remind me to not smoke so quickly, to relax and enjoy the tobaccos I'm smoking... I'm also slow at typing, thinking, etc. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 pm

I never get "pipetongue" any longer, I give it!! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:30 pm

People would call me "E" (for Eric) back in the day, so I just added "Mister" to it. Absolutely nothing to do with "mystery", although that kinda works too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm 6'7" so that's the "Tall" part. I just threw in "Smoke" since this is a pipe smoking board.

On most other boards of various topics and things like Twitter I am known as "FishingPipe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 pm

I chose DoverPipes because I live in Dover and I smoke pipes Very Happy
It ain't rocket science Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adauria

Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:56 pm

Computer geek here. So I went with first initial, last name.

-Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:01 pm

After the character from Alan Moore's Watchmen. Once you're a superhuman with powers over all time, space, and matter, nothing you say counts as bragging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm

adauria wrote:
Computer geek here. So I went with first initial, last name.

-Andrew

Ditto

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:55 pm

I took a shortened version of my college days hero, Mr. Natural (R. Crumb comics, he knows what do-wha-ditty means!).

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm a mad-keen flyfisherman. There's a fishing fly called the Muddler Minnow - got my best trout on one actually - & I have a rather muddled approach to life, so it was easy to come up with a moniker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Irene Adler
That Woman

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I usually use the screen name "melodicgrace", but I decided to try something different. Irene Adler is a character from the Sherlock Holmes stories. I've been compared to her by several people (for both good and bad reasons), so I figured why not.

However, I must confess it's a little weird to be called Irene from time to time. It's my mother-in-law's middle name. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/amyjomusic
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:09 pm

I've worked at home for many years.
I go out occasionally, but I'd just as soon not.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:29 pm

I am Second generation Dutch!
My real name is Pieter Arie Binsbergen......here people call me Peter
hence Piet Binsbergen! not rocket science either!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:43 pm

I started out as "LatakiaLover" on the old Knox board, which became "LL" after a while like PB did for Puros Bran, PD for Puff Daddy, etc. Then, when J the Hugget created this board after Knox shut down, I just registered with what everyone called me anyway.

The ironic bit is I haven't smoked latakia in years. I discovered the Lake District fire cured nico-bomb blends not long after the forum switch, and never looked back. lol (Every now and again I try a bowl of something I once adored, like Old Ironsides, and just shake my head in amazement at how tastes change.)

btw, I don't think you are telling quite the whole story, Amy...

Twisted Evil

All Sherlockians know that Irene Adler was the only woman the misogynistic, pipe-smoking Holmes was ever outsmarted by, and so the only one he ever truly respected and desired. Hmmm... Forum of pipe-smoking men. One woman. Does anyone else detect a bit of playfulness, here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigarsarge

Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:47 pm

It's my cigar forum name...I saw no need to change it. I smoke cigars...I'm "the sarge" at work. Thus the name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:26 pm

While Travelling in Ireland at the horse races in Killarney i had a pipe and a Guinness going and it was almost the perfect evening...i just happened to be wearing a tweed jacket. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: why did you choose your online name   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

I have a Dutch last name that translates in English to Falconer. I wonder what Binsbergen means in English? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rugbysh9

Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Rugbysh9

Sport - Rugby
Position - Scrum Half (hence SH)
Number - 9

Played rugby since I was young and it was right around when AOL 1st came out. Used it as my email addy and it's stuck since. Gave up playing a few years ago though as I've just wrecked my body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm

for as long as I can remember just about everyone called me Mark,,,kinda stuck over the years,,eezee two spel,,,simple to remember,,and it's on my birth certificate in case I forget,,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ftrplt

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm

The first time I ever had to conjure up a "log in" name (for a temporary bank account), I drew a complete blank!!! The lady I was working with asked me what I did, I told her, and she retorted with "F-T-R-P-L-T." I used it on the old JR board, then carried it to Knox, and thence here. Nothing more than that!! FTRPLT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:32 pm

I use eggman because I really like The Beatles. I wanted to use Rocky Raccoon but the first board I signed up for 10+ years ago it was taken. So I picked the next best beatle name. Plus Eggman was a lot better than "Happiness is a warm gun". I use it on every board I am a member of. Sometimes I use differant numbers at the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 am

Falconer wrote:
I have a Dutch last name that translates in English to Falconer. I wonder what Binsbergen means in English? scratch

Something about leaving a mountain or from a mountain I think???????? scratch
Should ask my dad......... never thought of it,
Back to top Go down
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:01 am

Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome Dynamite

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 am

No idea, something my friend referred to me as, and it just kinda stuck and I use it for online.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Why did you choose your online name (handle)?   Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:05 am

Nitschke066 wrote:
Ray Nitschke #66 of the old school Green Bay Packers. He had a tremendous passion for the game and was just as tenacious as Butkus. Have always admired him.
Cool bro, Was wondering about that one!!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your online name (handle)?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: