Smoking Room Redux

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

My wonderful lady and I renovated my office/smoking room. Totally demo'ed a horrible 70s wood-panel closet, patched the plaster where it once stood, replaced moldings, and painted. Slow going as this is as humid/rainy as it's been.

She is very handy and did 90% of the non-painting work, and what's more, found this amazing thrfit-store hutch for all my pipes & tobacco.

Smoking Room Redux 4896290050_f9d5d821e6

More pics of the new-old desk, and me looking bummy in this Flickr set. I am a lucky and entirely underserving SOB.

Ceiling still needs a new color, and the curtain rods are "on order" (they're second-hand from her mother and we'll get 'em when next we truck up to Maine. The price is right!) Might paint the radiator, too. My leather club chair will join the room out of storage soon. We're getting there!
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Really nice job. Love the hutch idea. Super job Very Happy

Question... where's the picture of the wonderful lady?
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Honest to goodness planks in the wall !!!!,,,,looks like you two have things under control,,,,sharp cabinet, lots of room,,,

okay what are the four tins over the door?

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 pm

SP, The lady was working the camera, and quite refused to be photographed covered in paint, primer, and plaster dust as she was. Cool

Mark, that's backing the original 1920 horsehair plaster! It was pretty close to the point where we were going to have to wreck the whole thing and hang drywall, but we used the saws-all and crowbar veeerry gently.

Those tins are American Scotch snuff tins, freebies from NictotineRush--I love the design on them, straight out of early 20th c. industrial.
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Sweet job Doc.
Thanks for the invite into your home bro, Excellent!
Love your pipe setup, and the choice of wall color.
Say Doc, I really dig the PA and CH tubs in the bottom shelf!............. dang bro, off for a bowl of PA on you!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Nnice, but where's the stereo system...gotta have tunes. tongue
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:35 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
Nnice, but where's the stereo system...gotta have tunes. tongue
I need to figure out where to position the cumpture speakers. Times like these, I'm grateful I'm not an audiophile--I'd have no $$$ left for pipes!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:42 pm

time to upgrade those flimsey PC speakers.....those aren't real speakers anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Your lady let's you smoke IN the house??????
I'm lucky if I can even smoke out on the deck!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Kapnismologist

Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 pm

Well done. That kind of work is no small feat, especially in August. I am sure you will much enjoy the fruits of your labor!
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 am

DoverPipes wrote:
Your lady let's you smoke IN the house??????
I'm lucky if I can even smoke out on the deck!!!! Mad

Diito Dover, I feel your pain brother!!
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Blues

Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:15 pm

Very Nice Doc! Great looking Den. I posted some pics of my den in the "Wanted Pics of your smoking den" thread, but I figured out later that the thread was like a year old. I'll post some pics in my own thread.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I still don't get the 'my wife won't let me smoke in the house' nonsense.. You a man or a 12 yr old????

Nice Doc. Mrs PB is far handier at crap like that than I am, I get lost trying to figure out what side of the screw driver to use..
God bless a handywoman.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:57 am

puros_bran wrote:
INice Doc. Mrs PB is far handier at crap like that than I am, I get lost trying to figure out what side of the screw driver to use..
Exactly! Mrs. Manhattan is a wood and product shop tech, so she runs the handywork for the house. Hell, she built the bed I'm sitting in.
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:40 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
puros_bran wrote:
INice Doc. Mrs PB is far handier at crap like that than I am, I get lost trying to figure out what side of the screw driver to use..
Exactly! Mrs. Manhattan is a wood and product shop tech, so she runs the handywork for the house. Hell, she built the bed I'm sitting in.
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Bringing back this thread because at long last, my smoking room is finished! Coat of paint on the ceiling, curtains, some art (including a print by Valky!) and we're in business.

Smoking Room Redux 5146282618_1ff6c2fa99

Click on the photo to go to the gallery and see more of the new digs.
Back to top Go down
Cody V

Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Love the wall color
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Very nice! That looks like a great place to work or relax. It's scorching in L.A. right now, I would trade for that view of fall leaves and rain in a heartbeat!
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:19 pm

Looks Super Cool Doc, well done man!!!
Valky good touch you added bro!!
Back to top Go down
St Fiacre

St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Cool pics Doc, I too like the wall color but Valky's prints could enliven any space. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 pm

A thousand years ago, in bachelor days, I once had an office...Smoking Room Redux Dsc_0310
Back to top Go down
bruins

bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 pm

great room doc. nice view out the window. killer stock you've got going. makes my closet shelf look pretty pathetic. thanks for posting! Very Happy

harlock999, that's like the creepy room at my grandparents!
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Dig that clock behind you, Harlock, as well as the axes. (My guitbox is in the next room over... the office is nice but it's not that large.)

It looks like this guy guarding my cigars would be right at home in your space, too:
Smoking Room Redux 5148524645_4cf336f2c3
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:18 pm

These pics are really cool guys, thanks for sharing, maybe I need to get of my lazy ass and post some Cave pics!!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Smoking Room Redux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking Room Redux   Smoking Room Redux EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey Bruins, thanks! Old people have the best stuff! My dad still has junk from the 30's-70's, stuff that's hard to find now, or expensive if you can find it. Only thing is to keep the stuff from running your life. It's a hard battle...I think I'm losing.

And Tiki's wearing fezzes? don't even get me started...

Oh, and unfortunately I had to dismantle my room, box up everything and put it all in storage Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Smoking Room Redux
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next