HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

How does your better half react to different roomnotes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 am

Cody V wrote:
I have yet to smoke around her, but I can't imagine she will have anything pleasant to say! Surprised Especially since I like english blends, and none of your significant others seem to appreciate them tongue
O'ho man....... bro!!! here comes the dreaded Horses Ass comment again!!!!! lol! lol!
Double dare you smoke some lat blends around her!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Cody V wrote:
I have yet to smoke around her, but I can't imagine she will have anything pleasant to say! Surprised Especially since I like english blends, and none of your significant others seem to appreciate them tongue
O'ho man....... bro!!! here comes the dreaded Horses Ass comment again!!!!! lol! lol!

I'll take you up on that dare! We are going on vacation to the mountains in a couple weeks, and I plan to bring a substantial amount of baccy along! As well as hopefully aquiring a few new blends, and perhaps a pipe or two. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Cody V wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Cody V wrote:

I'll take you up on that dare! We are going on vacation to the mountains in a couple weeks, and I plan to bring a substantial amount of baccy along! As well as hopefully aquiring a few new blends, and perhaps a pipe or two. Very Happy

Remember bro, out doors doesn't count!!!!!
Good luck with that one!!!!
Keep us posted! cyclops
Back to top Go down
*camoham

Registration date : 2010-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 pm

wow,

i must be really lucky. i get to smoke whatever choice anywhere. wife and rest of the group like the smell of GLP-quiet nights. wife actually tried a little of it. true story no lie.

camo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greasemunki85

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 pm

*camoham wrote:
wow,

i must be really lucky. i get to smoke whatever choice anywhere. wife and rest of the group like the smell of GLP-quiet nights. wife actually tried a little of it. true story no lie.

camo

Pictures or it didnt happen!!! lol Twisted Evil
My wife wasn't that objectionable to some English Blends I brought home not too long ago.
She said "hmm..smells like a campfire.. smells like ..barbeeque... smells good"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 am

You boys are really lucky!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Cody V wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Cody V wrote:

Remember bro, out doors doesn't count!!!!!
Good luck with that one!!!!
Keep us posted! cyclops

Welp, she said it smelled like ass. That good enough? rabbit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
19Volks71

Registration date : 2011-02-05

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 am

My wife is a pretty big fan of the blends I smoke. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Her least favorite though is probably Cooper and favorite being Escudo.
Since the recent addition to our family I have been relegated outdoors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nauticalwheeler

Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:44 pm

When I come back inside, she tells me I stink. Hows that for support?
Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Young briar fan

Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:06 pm

For anyone whose wife thinks she hates it all try a chocolate nougat flavor if you can smoke an aro. Mine changed her mind. She keeps reminding me it's her prerogative to do so. That being said it'll probably change by the time I get home Thursday evening!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:32 pm

My wife grew up with cigarette smokers, and I have smoked cigars for as long as I have known her, so she's pretty good about it. She doesn't really like anything I smoke but she is tolerant. She says that Lat blends remind her of church...go figure.

That being said, if I can't smoke outside, I typically smoke in my basement/ garage (the term garage is used loosely - you couldn't actually fit a whole car in there, even before I built my shelving and work bench).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul 2.0

Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:15 pm

She enjoys it, actually prefers the english blends over va/pers for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 pm

Ha....my cats don't care what I smoke...as long as I stroke them.....

Sad kinda sad, I guess...but makes for great smoking!!

Boo...my Flyers lost..sorry, just a brief aside..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
R.A.

Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Yea, I can't smoke in the house so the Outside/Garage/Unfinished Bonus room are the only choices,

She don't allow smoking in the house, But she has a couple of her own pipes and joins in for a smoke from time to time,

At first her approach was "hand me a pipe ready to smoke" but I insisted "If you are not going to clean it at least you choose a tobacco and load the bowl yourself"

She even bought herself a pipe and a couple of tins of tobacco when on a trip in Austria, So I hope she will continue dabble and keep interest.

(Because if the women likes it, its ok to spend money on it) cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-R.

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Anything with latakia in it is well received, as she loves what she terms the "campfire" note. Of course, she's an occasional pipe smoker as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lestrade

Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Mine never complains but always compliments the ones she likes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mike_68

Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 pm

I'm a back porch smoker and we both were cig smokers years ago so she is pretty cool about the aromas. Now the ones she likes, she comments on...in fact, the other night she told me my Holiday Spirit was making her want some chocolate! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ccaepc2

Registration date : 2011-05-19

PostSubject: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Smoking INSIDE the house...some of you guys are living the dream!! Both my girlfriend and I are former cigarette smokers. To say that my girlfriend abhors pipe smoking and the aromas associated with it would be a drastic understatement. She once told me she'd prefer that I went back to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day versus smoking a pipe. Needless to say I only smoke on the patio. I do take every opportunity to smoke in her car whenever I'm force to drive it.....take that!!! Hope I never have to chose between her and smoking a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't have a SWMBO. Only 4-legged furry house companions and they don't seem to care about the pipe smoke.

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Falconer wrote:
Best thing I've found about the burleys is once I light up out on the deck the mother-in-law goes inside! Thank you SOLANI! cheers cheers cheers

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:39 pm

My wife loves the smell of almost any pipe tobacco, when I do smoke in the house its downstairs in the man cave, I put in a ventilation fan in the ceiling that gets most of the smoke out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Cadfael

Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

She likes my pipes better than cigars!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 am

Since I lost my job in New Orleans because of Katrina and she didn't, I'm now working in NC and she's still in NO. So far she has no comment Very Happy . We'll see if she has comments about the aroma in the car over the holidays. . . . Wink We'll also see if she demands to share, as she did with my rare cigars queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Stackle2

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:40 pm

We have an infant son, so I haven't even considered smoking in the house. I do smoke on the front or back deck, & if the weather is bad enough, I can always put a lawn chair in the garage.

A few weeks back my wife opened a package (from sterling tobacco) that had arrived. While poking through the samples that Jack had sent, she smelled one called 'sweet briar'. She messaged me to tell me that if I ever wanted to smoke it in the house, I probably could. She likened the pouch aroma to poppouri or incense. Kind of suprised me, but thats a promising sign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokey422

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: How does your better half react to different roomnotes?   Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 pm

I can no longer smoke in the house when my wife is here because she has severe COPD so I can only smoke outside or inside when she is away for a while. Before she had her breathing problems, she was OK with most of the blends I smoked, she herself being a cigarette smoker. She was especially fond of 1Q and a blend from Just For Him called Golden Cashmere. I did smoke one aromatic that was a black raspberry flavored one that she hated, saying it gave her a headache. She was actually OK with most Latakia blends, particularly one from Bufflehead called Emperor Goose. She also liked Ten to Midnight from Pipes and Cigars. Sadly, Bufflehead is no longer in business. They had some great blends.

Smokey

Last edited by smokey422 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How does your better half react to different roomnotes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next