HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Outrageously Pissed Off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Philthy

Registration date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 am

Placed an online order with a store 9/01/10. They showed stock on hand, but having been burned before with them taking orders with no stock to back it up I called them to confirm availability.
Tonight this is the email I receive:
Thank you for ordering with www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. In an effort to keep you informed of the status of your order I am sending you this email. The Peterson Universtiy Tin is currently unavailable. If you can wait for the product to arrive we will ship it as soon as we get new stock. (Approximately mid next week) If you need your order more quickly please give us a call and we may be able to make a substitution for you or simply remove the missing item and ship immediately. Please feel free to email me or call the number provided below so I can handle this personally for you. Thank you for your patience and have a great day.

Now, I do not agree with the practice of showing inventory and after the fact telling you they cannot fill your order. I feel that is clearly misleading. The fact that I called first and was assured that it was in stock (I already had my shopping cart full) is blatant misrepresentation and may be illegal. Once is a mistake. This appears to be intentional and a sure way to anger a customer and lose business.

I emailed back and will try to call. We will see what they say
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.philsmithknives.com
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:56 am

I'd say cool your jets.

Nobody is trying to run a scam on you. Real time/point of sale stock tracking isn't realistic with small retailers and cottage industries like tobacco, is all.

That place has a dozen pickers and packers who do an excellent job and keep up 99% of the time. When they can't, a courteous, clearly worded email immediately follows. Sounds like good service to me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:00 am

That sounds a whole lot like the experience I had with BigSmokes, only it took them more than one week to respond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:03 am

Some nerve....

I think I would blaze them on 7 or 8 pipe boards and send them links..
I would most assuredly contact the Better Business folks, the Chamber of Commerse in their local, and probably hire an attorney. These dispicable, wretched, crooks must be made to pay for this intentional affront to your honor.....

Or I might just call/email pipes and cigars and cancel the order if I couldn't wait until next week for them to ship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 am

You'll have to wait until the middle of next week?! Shocked The nerve!!! Mad

lol! Fer cryin out loud man, freakin relax! You think a $10 tin of tobacco is worth all this fuss? Check yourself bro.

[sigh] the "I deserve it now" era............

Philthy

PostSubject: I don't think so   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:47 am

You are entitled to your opinions.
This is not about the fact that they did not have it. Three specific issues:
1. I spoke to them on the phone immediately before ordering and was assured they were fully stocked and it was on hand.
2. Its a repetitive issue
3. The web site still shows it in stock
Back to top Go down
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:21 am

Philthy wrote:
You are entitled to your opinions.
This is not about the fact that they did not have it. Three specific issues:
1. I spoke to them on the phone immediately before ordering and was assured they were fully stocked and it was on hand.
2. Its a repetitive issue
3. The web site still shows it in stock

It sounds to me as thiugh the company in question does so much volume that their software is unable to keep up, All organizations are limited to a greater or lesser extent by the available technology. If I were you, I would chill out, if you feel this is some type of personal affront or it represents some intolerable hardship, order from someone else.

If the blend in question is one that currently is rare, suck it up and make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philthy

PostSubject: That is asinine   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am

Software does not fail to "keep up" with inventory. The system in question may not be updated by their people but it isnt the softwares fault. They may have a simple database with a fixed database instead of real time updates. Avaialbel technology? Please! Available technology would allow them to have automation pulling items off the shelf filling orders and delivering to people who just had to double check the contents and automatically printed mailing label before sending it out. Inventory levels could have warning levels maintained telling them when to order and tracking selling/usage trends. Does it make sense to go to that extreme - probably not to that extent, but don't say they are limited by "available technology".

I am looking to upgrade my own website and put a real time feature order in place. Its nuts not to have such a system with the nature of this business, but that isnt even the point. The point is I CALLED THEM before I ordered
Back to top Go down
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

If it is the retailer that I am guessing many of us have figured, then I can say it is just the way they are. I have had exactly the same thing happen, including the confirmation phone call, and still had my order go to backorder. The past few months pipe tobacco has been a difficult business with even the biggest retailers struggling for supply. These folks are as nice as any I have dealt with, and despite their limitations I continue to buy from them. We can't expect everyone to be 100% up to speed on the most recent software, changing inventory systems is daunting for anyone, and for some is second only to the end of the world (I know, I sold these systems for years). Chill!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Not to demean your outrage, but I had problems with an e-tailer about a year ago,,,blew off some steam, vented my hostilities, life went on,,,do I deal with them now?- no,,,,end of story,,,

With the rising supply and demand crisis these things happen,,,if it's a repetitive condition that pisses you off, is it worth the stress,,,again, I understand your anger completely but the best solution is to take your trade elsewhere ( in my opinion )

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Philthy

PostSubject: Update   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:22 am

I spoke with the company in question this morning. They understood my disappointment and apologized. They stated that they have improvements in progress to prevent this type of inconvenience. They have taken other steps to resolve my issue and I am satisfied that they are actively working to keep me happy as a customer and earn my business.

That is all I am looking for. Stuff happens. This was about me taking the extra step to call, being assured they had it, and them not being able to follow through. As I said stuff happens and by contacting me and doing what they can, demonstrating true customer service they will get to keep my business.
Back to top Go down
Philthy

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 am

mark wrote:
...With the rising supply and demand crisis these things happen,,,if it's a repetitive condition that pisses you off, is it worth the stress,,,again, I understand your anger completely but the best solution is to take your trade elsewhere ( in my opinion )

I sent a rather heated email in response. Actually he thanked me for letting them know about the problem. Without feedback they cannot react. He said that any response (empassioned is the term I believe he used affraid ) is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:33 pm

WOW???????
I reserve comment here, but appreciate the heads up on the situation. If that happened to me here in RSA, I would freak, many moons baccy must travel to get here, always hate the wait even when things run smooth!!
Hope you get it sorted soonest!
Back to top Go down
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Philthy wrote:
Placed an online order with a store 9/01/10. They showed stock on hand, but having been burned before with them taking orders with no stock to back it up I called them to confirm availability.
Tonight this is the email I receive:
Thank you for ordering with www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. In an effort to keep you informed of the status of your order I am sending you this email. The Peterson Universtiy Tin is currently unavailable. If you can wait for the product to arrive we will ship it as soon as we get new stock. (Approximately mid next week) If you need your order more quickly please give us a call and we may be able to make a substitution for you or simply remove the missing item and ship immediately. Please feel free to email me or call the number provided below so I can handle this personally for you. Thank you for your patience and have a great day.

Now, I do not agree with the practice of showing inventory and after the fact telling you they cannot fill your order. I feel that is clearly misleading. The fact that I called first and was assured that it was in stock (I already had my shopping cart full) is blatant misrepresentation and may be illegal. Once is a mistake. This appears to be intentional and a sure way to anger a customer and lose business.

I emailed back and will try to call. We will see what they say

Well, different places have varying levels of efficiency when it comes to online website maintenance. That happens to me a lot actually at a particular concern I buy from regularly. They've always been very nice about it and will ship what they have right away if I ask. I dunno, an inconvenience but doesn't ruin my day.... Neutral

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:04 pm

If a person does enough on-line transactions, eventually they'll have problems, If you have my luck, you'll have more than your share.

Bought a pipe that was advertised as a sitter and looked like a sitter...didn't sit.
The proprietor took the pipe back and refunded my money + shipping.

Ordered a burley sampler....I received 5 samples of the same tobacco. The proprietor refunded my money and sent a GLP tin for the problems.

Ordered $80 worth of supplies and several tins using an on-line inventory button at a shop with a standard shipping charge. Received an invoice stating everything was shipped. Received the package with a note saying sorry they were out of a $35 item. The button was revised with a 50% price increase a few days later.

Ordered $100+ of tinned tobacco difficult to find. Received an email stating they were out of one tin and I made a substitution. They were out of that tin but had bulk to offer. I agreed to the bulk. The company substituted 12oz of bulk for tins still on the order but didn't send them even though they thought they were in the shipping box. I told them to stop shipment. The order got sent anyway after I told them to stop shipment. When I received the package and verified the tins weren't in the box asked them to ship the tins still on the order in exchange for the bulk I received. By then they were out of the tins originally on order. I sent the bulk back at my own expense and vowed not to do business with them again.

Ordered a St. Patrick's Day Pete with green stain that looked great on the photo on the website. The pipe I received was washed out light green and had more fills than briar. The company paid for return shipping and sent a super nice green Pete to fulfill the order.

I've got some other tales but my fingers are too tired to type.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Damn, Ol' Dawg, it certainly sounds like you've had more than your share of Internet problems.

Maybe this thread should start naming names, at least the ones we're happy with.

I apparently got lucky the first time I used three outfits, and stuck with 'em ever since: Mostly Mars for tobacco, a few pipes from Cup O Joes, and some of each from SP. Never a problem of any kind. 100% satisfied-is-me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Was it cupojoes or 4noggins? Very Happy

Neither of these sites keeps a live inventory. That's why I go first to Mars, then smokingpipes (then P&C when I didn't live in NY state). If I were to order from the first two, I would call first. To have them tell you though that it was in stock, and have it not be, is insane.

At least they let you know before they shipped it. Once I ordered from 4noggins, and they sent me a package missing a pound of H&H Anniversary Kake, and all they did was put a post it on the invoice with a note saying they'd send it when they got it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:19 am

Well we have never had any crap with 4Noggins!
They are just great and accommodating, as you all know they need to post our packages half way round the world!!
Back to top Go down
LL

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
...as you all know they need to post our packages half way round the world!!

You know that some of the best tobacco in the world was once grown next door on your northern border, right? Not that long ago, either. All hail Papa Mugabe, the bringer of peace and prosperity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 am

If you aren't satisfied with the way a company is running their business, don't do business with them. Seems simple enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
fmw

Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:12 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Well we have never had any crap with 4Noggins!
They are just great and accommodating, as you all know they need to post our packages half way round the world!!
I concur. Very happy with the service from 4noggins.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm

LL wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

You know that some of the best tobacco in the world was once grown next door on your northern border, right? Not that long ago, either. All hail Papa Mugabe, the bringer of peace and prosperity.

LL, don't get me started here!!!!!!!
Have put up extensive threads on this here in the past! PAPA Mugabe,....... RETARD Mugabe is more like it!!!!
.....ooops can I say that??????????
Back to top Go down
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:46 pm

I coming in on this a little late but I'd like to offer my take. I think this experience that Philthy is taking about comes under the heading of Reasonable Expectation. When goods or services are payed for and not delivered I believe its up to the seller to make things right, and in this case to offer goods that are not even in stock is not reasonable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Outrageously Pissed Off   Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:52 pm

LL wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

"War Veterans", salting the farmlands, killing the farmers, crashing the economy........Africa's version of Hope & Change?????? Razz

To this day, I still refer to the aforementioned country as RHODESIA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Outrageously Pissed Off
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: