HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Premium coffee prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
earl

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Premium coffee prices    Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Falconer wrote:
earl wrote:
Falconer wrote:
I'm a premium coffee junky. For years my favorite has been Kenya Peaberry. I usually buy 2 pounds at a time from our local spice merchant. Last month it was up to $11 a pound after being at $9 for years. I went to make my next purchase yesterday and it was $14.50 Lb! pale
What's going on in Africa that's driven the price so high? Folgers is like drinking saturated cardboard to me. My sister lives in Washington and sends me "Seattle's Best" but I still need my fix of Cherry beans from Kenya.
What's up with this? Is it our high taxing government getting involved in this just like they have with tobacco industry?
Hello, Falconer. Spice Merchant-my favorite tea house. Was just there 2 days ago buying some Assam. Wish I could afford premium coffee, but, since I can't, buy Cafe Bustelo from the local WalMart. Canned coffee which tastes as good as almost any freshly roasted whole bean coffee I've ever drank. earl

Thanks Earl. I'll surely give it a try. That is if I can find a Walmart around. somewhere. lol!
Actually, unless you have a sizeable Hispanic community, it might not be available. It's an espresso roast. However, check out the website for Javacabana.com. earl

Last edited by earl on Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Premium coffee prices    Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 pm

earl wrote:
Falconer wrote:
earl wrote:
Falconer wrote:
I'm a premium coffee junky. For years my favorite has been Kenya Peaberry. I usually buy 2 pounds at a time from our local spice merchant. Last month it was up to $11 a pound after being at $9 for years. I went to make my next purchase yesterday and it was $14.50 Lb! pale
What's going on in Africa that's driven the price so high? Folgers is like drinking saturated cardboard to me. My sister lives in Washington and sends me "Seattle's Best" but I still need my fix of Cherry beans from Kenya.
What's up with this? Is it our high taxing government getting involved in this just like they have with tobacco industry?
Hello, Falconer. Spice Merchant-my favorite tea house. Was just there 2 days ago buying some Assam. Wish I could afford premium coffee, but, since I cant't, buy Cafe Bustelo from the local WalMart. Canned coffee which tastes as good as almost any freshly whole bean coffee I've ever drank. earl

Thanks Earl. I'll surely give it a try. That is if I can find a Walmart around. somewhere. lol!
Actually, unless you have a sizeable Hispanic community, it might not be available. It's an espresso roast. However, check out the website for Javacabana.com. earl

Earl, we're talk'n Wichita here bud! I'll find it. No problem. thanks again.
Ps - let me know if you have any tobaccy places to patronize beside the Humidor and the Chateau. Send me a PM, these guys are probably tired of hearing about Kansasland. Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Premium coffee prices    Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:32 am

I find it very interesting that there are so many home roasters here. I too have roasted my own on and off for years (using Sweet Maria's for green beans as well - heck, I was ordering from them when they were still in Ohio).

Perhaps there is something to be said for the love of the pipe, fine tobacco, and indulging in the wonders of home roasting going together? Or, at the very least, giving some serious thought and love to excellent coffees (for those who don't roast their own, but who pay attention to what they buy - OTC or otherwise)?

Imagine the offerings (baccy, coffees, and perhaps other fine libations) at a BoB pot luck. It would be an olfactory delight!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Premium coffee prices    Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:04 am

puros_bran wrote:
Did someone actually mention that gawd awful over roasted taste like shit scraped off the bottom of a shoe and burnt crap called Starbucks when speaking of premium coffee????

Laughing Laughing Laughing Yeah. I really do not know how they stay in business.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Premium coffee prices    Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:06 am

This morning is Willoughby's Bolivia Fair Trade-Organic. We grind our own. Never tried roasting.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Premium coffee prices
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2