HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

CATS!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:42 am

Peter, thank you for your usual, unflagging support, but I have to give in to the original owner's wishes as they now come forward in the package of a good home of her choosing. Yeah, she f*ucked up by not finding him a home all summer (but we all know how irresponsible the young can be), and she's put forward a plausible plan; I mean, what if it were my cat I'd raised from a kitten, to whom I'm very attached, and I made some mistakes but corrected them. It would break my heart if that cat were forcibly removed from my life!

I've offered her all reasonable access to the cat should he live with me permanently, but she doesn't want to visit it here, she wants to own it and visit it at her mom's house, when she visits her. One stop shopping.

Yes, I am the loser in all of this, but it's taught me how to integrate a new animal into my household, which I've thought of for some time.

BTW, how's your dog doing?

Thanks again, Peter!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:58 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
bluedigital wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing I was thinking the exact same thing Piet Laughing Laughing Laughing

All for the manne bru!!!!!
you my friend, on the other hand live in Rack city!!!!!!!
Camps bay on a weekend!!!!! man o man!!!!!!

Thanks for that Piet I now have my weekend mapped out for me ... roll on Summer!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 am

meanwhile, alfredo, dust off that camera, make a nice little laminated 'official playboy photographer' badge, and be ready!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck

Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 pm

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
You know how cats can unerringly jump, not being able to see the surface that they're going to land on, and land without incident? Well, I'm fostering a rather large male (a fantastic cat both in looks and personality, just hate to see him go, but he's going to a good, permanent home) who jumped up on top of my computer table, and in so doing knocked over half cup of coffee all over my keyboard.

Keyboard might be damaged. I have an IMac with a cordless keyboard. Could be pricey.

Thought someone should know.

Dishwasher (take out batteries). It'll either de-gunk it or firmly kill it. It's ok since ya got nothing to loose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm

The cat/dog dynamic in most homes:

http://i.imgur.com/4XWxp.jpg

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm my own worse enemy Rolling Eyes I recall the first computer a Tandy... in the days of no "hard drives"... One night I spilt beer all over the key board drunken

The next day I sheepishly took it into the repair shop.... the guy doubled over with laughter, knowing I was a minister Embarassed ...

It's happened since then Laughing ... but I've learned that you need to wait and let the key board dry out.... It's a PC so maybe Mac's are more sensitive....
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 am

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
Peter, thank you for your usual, unflagging support, but I have to give in to the original owner's wishes as they now come forward in the package of a good home of her choosing. Yeah, she f*ucked up by not finding him a home all summer (but we all know how irresponsible the young can be), and she's put forward a plausible plan; I mean, what if it were my cat I'd raised from a kitten, to whom I'm very attached, and I made some mistakes but corrected them. It would break my heart if that cat were forcibly removed from my life!

I've offered her all reasonable access to the cat should he live with me permanently, but she doesn't want to visit it here, she wants to own it and visit it at her mom's house, when she visits her. One stop shopping.

Yes, I am the loser in all of this, but it's taught me how to integrate a new animal into my household, which I've thought of for some time.

BTW, how's your dog doing?

Thanks again, Peter!

Hey AB, no sweat.
My dog was pt to sleep yesterday, so I am well aware of pet lovers having their hearts broken!!
Email Sent!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 am

bluedigital wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
bluedigital wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing I was thinking the exact same thing Piet Laughing Laughing Laughing

All for the manne bru!!!!!
you my friend, on the other hand live in Rack city!!!!!!!
Camps bay on a weekend!!!!! man o man!!!!!!

Thanks for that Piet I now have my weekend mapped out for me ... roll on Summer!! cheers cheers
Take some Pictures for us BRU!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:13 am

Cats are never comfortable riding on a motorcycle no matter how much duct tape you use.

Rodney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:06 pm

I had to resurrect this thread... I had my pipe plugged in my jaw (Granger, Kawoodie lovat) and picked up one of the cats.

He grabbed the pipe right out of my mouth! Just reached out and grabbed the bowl between his paws. (Good thing I was smoking nice and cool.)

Now, I don't believe this was an antismoking gesture--he loves sitting in my office while I smoke. I think the little scamp was jealous. He'll need a nice, light briar... does Greg Pease blend catnip?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: CATS!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
... does Greg Pease blend catnip?

Sorry. Greg is a Dog Person. The only fitting use he sees for cats is as moving targets for spitballs and the odd empty tobacco tin.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

CATS!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: