HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Greg Pease was ripped off

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Greg Pease was ripped off   Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Interisting read, Neill.

I do wonder what will happen if/when the Cuba-US embargo ends, what will happen between the Cuban and non-Cuban cigar brands of the same name--Dominican Cohibas, Cuban Cohibas, and probably (given that initial boom of legal Cubanos) some counterfeit Cohibas from Parts Unknown.

Indeed, I wonder also what will happen to the use of the word Cuban in tobacco names and advertising.

I'm pretty sure that Altadis owns most of the non-Cuban brands
using Cuban brand names and they also own at least half of
Habanos SA, so I don't think there will be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Greg Pease was ripped off   Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Neil puts it very well as usual.

And I thought it was impossible to dislike Altadis any more than I already did.

The description of the blend does not seem accidental:

Skillfully blended mixture of Latakia, Virginia, and Turkish, perfect for fans of London Mixture.

London Mixture?! Wasn't that the inspiration behind Greg's creation of Westminster in the first place?

I actually wonder if a few emails (nay, a barrage of emails) directly to Altadis would not turn up a statement or two?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Greg Pease was ripped off   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Being a new pipe smoker and new to BoB, I had no idea that Altadis did these kinds of things. I loathe a big guy who will take advantage of and steal from a little guy!!! Evil or Very Mad It's an odd coincidence that I was just over at Park Lane (found link on BoB) and looking at Altadis bulk tobacco!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Greg Pease was ripped off   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:57 pm

beebiz wrote:
Being a new pipe smoker and new to BoB, I had no idea that Altadis did these kinds of things...!

They will also hand out all kinds of freebie sample pouches of some of the most god-awful concoctions to ever be directed at an otherwise innocent pipe.

I am sure there are those who will disagree, but every single experience I have had with pipe tobaccos made by, for or distributed by Altadis have left a very bad taste in my mouth (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Greg Pease was ripped off
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2