HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:15 am

friday i was invited out to pipe maker wayne teipen's, just to smoke and talk pipes. (through the BoB i found out he lived 10 minutes from me.) what a great time. when we got there, he was making the rhodesian he just posted on the towne crier forum 'Teipen Handmade Pipes.' at the time i saw it, it was a homely block of wood with a pencil drawing on the side. wow. look at it now. anyway, big thanks to him and his sidekick nate. i learned a ton, swapped some tobacco, and just had great conversation.

so i get home, and in my mailbox is the mac baren club Doc had recommended to me. i'd just had my first roll cake at wayne's (Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake--damn good stuff). this mac baren roll cake is also killer. great recommendation. thanks doc! i probably would have never found it on my own.

also, filling the rest of my mailbox, is this huge package sent by Natch with about a year's supply of tobacco samples he thought i might like. thank you so much! i'm in heaven.

what a weekend for pipes! big thanks to you guys! my wife thinks i've joined a cult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RB-5

Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 am

That's great man! It's nice to know that in a world of trouble and strife that there are some good folks left huh? Keep us updated as you work through the samples. I, being brand new to all of this, would very much like to hear your thoughts on different tobaccos. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 am

bruins wrote:
my wife thinks i've joined a cult.
cyclops You have my friend, and now you can never leave cyclops Twisted Evil Shocked cyclops What a Face No Suspect Very Happy cyclops
muuhaahaaaaaaa!!!!! affraid tongue pale cyclops
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm

Glad you're liking the Club! If you find a Mac Baren you like, you're in like Flynn--nice price, wide availability, good seal on the tins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Glad you're liking the Club! If you find a Mac Baren you like, you're in like Flynn--nice price, wide availability, good seal on the tins.

Club rocks bro, Muddler put about 300g in cellar since 2007 and did not like it much, it has since found it's way over to my stash,
Good stuff!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Brotherhood strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 pm

EJinVA wrote:
bruins wrote:
my wife thinks i've joined a cult.
cyclops You have my friend, and now you can never leave cyclops Twisted Evil Shocked cyclops What a Face No Suspect Very Happy cyclops
muuhaahaaaaaaa!!!!! affraid tongue pale cyclops

What you mean we're not a cult?
Merriam/Webster ---one definition of cult --- usually a group of people characterized by such devotion cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:07 pm

A package from Natch is special indeed Smile

Sorry no one told you it was a cult by the way, we really should make a policy of informing people but I figured the purple jumpsuits and white tennis sneakers were a dead giveaway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:56 pm

gandalfpc wrote:
A package from Natch is special indeed Smile

Sorry no one told you it was a cult by the way, we really should make a policy of informing people but I figured the purple jumpsuits and white tennis sneakers were a dead giveaway...

as you can see, i'm not struggling too hard to get away...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 pm

I'd been a member less than 24 hours when I realized it's a cult! All I can say is that this old world could use a lot more cults just like this one!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kapnismologist

Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:05 am

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble, gooble gobble ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:18 am

"When you receive this email you must forward it immediately to 5 of your closest friends. Failure to do so will guarantee that you will have sour pipes and biting tobacco for the next 20 years!"

Sorry, couldn't resist! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')   Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 am

Natch bro, you are saluted!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Well played there brother,
Back to top Go down

shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1