HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Running

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frost

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Somewhere near Philly, PA
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Running   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

RB-5 wrote:

Fantastic!! I love submission grappling. What school/team do you train with? You gotta belt?


I'm a lowly blue belt. For some reason I still haven't figured out, I waited until I was almost 30 years old to start training. Do you train?

I train at a Lloyd Irvin affiliate...Paramount BJJ (paramountbjj.com).Run by Brad Court, a black belt and personal friend of mine for a few decades now:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brad+court&aq=f

My younger brother is also a BJJ black belt and mma fighter. Has trained w/ a few fancy UFC names too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-l2LT6sWA&p=D94790CD67901D56&playnext=1&index=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2sQxFR3UbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cpZdOmzrvA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RB-5

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Keswick, VA
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Running   Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Frost wrote:
RB-5 wrote:

Fantastic!! I love submission grappling. What school/team do you train with? You gotta belt?


I'm a lowly blue belt. For some reason I still haven't figured out, I waited until I was almost 30 years old to start training. Do you train?

I train at a Lloyd Irvin affiliate...Paramount BJJ (paramountbjj.com).Run by Brad Court, a black belt and personal friend of mine for a few decades now:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brad+court&aq=f

My younger brother is also a BJJ black belt and mma fighter. Has trained w/ a few fancy UFC names too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8-l2LT6sWA&p=D94790CD67901D56&playnext=1&index=9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2sQxFR3UbY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cpZdOmzrvA

No I don't train. I have been a huge mma fan since way back in the day. Since sub/no-gi is such a big part of mma, I am a big fan of it. Also, a lowly blue belt my patooty, that is a great accomplishment. Wasn't it a Gracie that said a blue should be able to beat Mike Tyson in a street fight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Somewhere near Philly, PA
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Running   Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Haha...I don't know if a Gracie said that or not. The Gracies have certainly said alot of things and had alot of sayings atributed to them.

I still wouldn't want to take my chances though. I like my ears intact, even if they are cauliflowered Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StephenDownie

avatar

Location : Vancouver, Canada
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:10 am

I've been running for the last four years. I was overweight, every day at 5:00 I'd find it hard to keep my eyes open and February usually meant that I'd be sick at least one week in four. Enough was enough. I changed my diet and bit by bit began to run. I have a lot more energy now and don't get sick nearly as much. I've shed seventy pounds in the process and at the moment am running between 50 and 60k a week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.downiepipes.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:44 am

StephenDownie wrote:
I've been running for the last four years. I was overweight, every day at 5:00 I'd find it hard to keep my eyes open and February usually meant that I'd be sick at least one week in four. Enough was enough. I changed my diet and bit by bit began to run. I have a lot more energy now and don't get sick nearly as much. I've shed seventy pounds in the process and at the moment am running between 50 and 60k a week.

Well done, much respect brother!!!
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Nitschke066

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Fort Wayne, IN
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:57 am

Kudos to all of you! The only discipline I'm consistent with is aquiring pipes and baccy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:48 am

Nitschke066 wrote:
Kudos to all of you! The only discipline I'm consistent with is aquiring pipes and baccy!
No shid!!!!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Natch

avatar

Age : 66
Location : foothills of the Ozarks
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Great progress, RB-5, not keep it up and keep it off (usually the hardest part).

I go to the gym a few times a week, hike and backpack a lot, but my main aerobic activity is I'm a soccer ref. During the high school season, I'll often do games two or three times a week, and a typical three-fer is three 80 minute games back to back, center one and line two, trying to keep up with 18 year old athletes on a field that is 120 yards long and a 100 yards wide. Forty minute halves with one, 10 minute break at half time and perhaps 15 minuites between games.

That's four hours of basically non-stop sprinting and running in a five hour period, in the evening after a long work day, and I have a bum leg and arm and I turn 60 soon. Ah, but I have the secret to slow it all down, it's called a whistle! Laughing

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RB-5

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Keswick, VA
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

That's fantastic Natch, thanks for the post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Natch wrote:
Great progress, RB-5, not keep it up and keep it off (usually the hardest part).

I go to the gym a few times a week, hike and backpack a lot, but my main aerobic activity is I'm a soccer ref. During the high school season, I'll often do games two or three times a week, and a typical three-fer is three 80 minute games back to back, center one and line two, trying to keep up with 18 year old athletes on a field that is 120 yards long and a 100 yards wide. Forty minute halves with one, 10 minute break at half time and perhaps 15 minuites between games.

That's four hours of basically non-stop sprinting and running in a five hour period, in the evening after a long work day, and I have a bum leg and arm and I turn 60 soon. Ah, but I have the secret to slow it all down, it's called a whistle! Laughing

Natch
AHHHH how I miss my High school teaching days!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Running   Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Natch wrote:
That's four hours of basically non-stop sprinting and running in a five hour period, in the evening after a long work day, and I have a bum leg and arm and I turn 60 soon. Ah, but I have the secret to slow it all down, it's called a whistle! Laughing
So that's why the refs never call diving! They're just so grateful for the stoppage time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Running   Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:38 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Natch wrote:
That's four hours of basically non-stop sprinting and running in a five hour period, in the evening after a long work day, and I have a bum leg and arm and I turn 60 soon. Ah, but I have the secret to slow it all down, it's called a whistle! Laughing
So that's why the refs never call diving! They're just so grateful for the stoppage time...
Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
beebiz

avatar

Age : 57
Location : McKenzie, Tennessee
Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Running   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:51 pm

Congratulations to all of my brothers who are self-disciplined enough to exercise and attain your goals! My hat is off to you!!!

Unfortunately, about the only thing I am self-disciplined enough to do is to occasionally have a good plate of fried catfish... with all the trimmings!! Laughing

Bless you all!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RB-5

avatar

Age : 38
Location : Keswick, VA
Registration date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Running   Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:56 pm

beebiz wrote:
Congratulations to all of my brothers who are self-disciplined enough to exercise and attain your goals! My hat is off to you!!!

Unfortunately, about the only thing I am self-disciplined enough to do is to occasionally have a good plate of fried catfish... with all the trimmings!! Laughing

Bless you all!!!

Mmmm.....catfish.... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St Fiacre

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Crestline CA
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Running   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:19 pm

First off I hate exercise of all kinds and would love to sit around all day and not do it, which in fact I did for several years, and being only 18 means a fair portion of my entire life. But now I do exercise, I bought videos from an infomercial and have lost 20 pounds in a month and a half with eating better too. I hate every second of it and am often moody from the activity but after it all I fell pretty great, never think I will become addicted though. Also something that is sort of amusing is I did not start the pipe until after I started working out I smoke it to stop the cravings for food. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bub

avatar

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Running   Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Great video
http://www.wimp.com/beinspired/
Inspirational
Do it....then sell your pipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Running
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Running out of milk - help!
» 3 Month Old running out of mama's milk!
» Running Errands 1: Aquis
» Naruto: Ninja Generation V.3.0.1 New and Improved (Finished and Running)
» Any suggestions for a stinking head cold???!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: