HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Why Robert is called "beebiz"....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Why Robert is called "beebiz"....   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 am

Cody V wrote:
In your years of bee keeping, did you ever have any big problems with varroa, or any other pestilence?
In a word... YES!!! And, it quickly taught me a hard lesson. Regardless what anyone says, about the only way to effectively prevent pests and diseases in honeybees is to use the available chemicals that are made for it!!!! There are those who swear that they have good success with nothing more than an organic defense. Bunk!! Think of it this way. If you were afflicted with a rapid growing, life snuffing cancer, which had you rather do... go holistic... or throw whatever a good, proven doctor could think of at it??

In my humble opinion, it's a no-brainer!!! And, it's a no-brainer when it comes to properly caring for your honeybees! You have one of two choices. You can either be one who keeps death bound bees and occasionally robs them as they make their way through death's door. Or, you can be a beekeeper... a beekeeper who helps and protects his bees with everything that's available to him!! As a beekeeper, you will be rewarded with many, many gallons of fresh, delicious honey!!! But, you will only attain this level as a beekeeper if you work as hard caring for and protecting the girls as they work providing you with nature's golden nectar!!

Sorry... don't mean to sound the least bit rude. But, I am very passionate about honeybees!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: Why Robert is called "beebiz"....   Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:31 am

Oh don't worry, it didn't come across as rude at all. That is one of my big fears about it. Putting forth all of this effort, money, and love just to have it all fail. But I suppose there is a similar risk with anything worth having Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Why Robert is called "beebiz"....   Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:11 am

That is quite true, Cody! Just make sure to follow the advice of the successful beekeepers in your beekeeping association. And, read as much as you can read... from the library and online. And, I am sure you and your bees will do fine!! I'll bee (sorry... couldn't resist Very Happy ) keeping my fingers crossed for you... and them!!! Wink

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Why Robert is called "beebiz"....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2