HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thank you, brother Natch!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:00 pm

My hat is off to, and my thanks to brother Natch for his recent gift!!! cheers cheers

He sent samples of seven tobaccos from his private stock!!! The lineup includes almost eleven year old Dunhill #965, Rattray's Marlin Flake, Rattray's Old Gowire, McClelland's Old World Classic Cake... just over 6 years old Samual Gawith's Sam's Flake, Samuel Gawith's Navy Flake... and, the newer Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's Victoria Regent!!! I don't possess the experience to state this as fact, but based on what I've read about Natch and his tobaccos, I'd say this will be an excellent first trip down Virginia lane!!! Wink

Natch, I've tried the Old Gowire, Old World Classic, and Sam's Flake... in that order. My taste for pipe tobacco seems to somewhat parallel my taste for foods... towards sweets (ie. McClelland's Georgian Cream). Therefore, the spiciness of the Virginias had the immature portions of my pallet screaming, "WTF!!!" But, as my more mature taste buds pushed their way to the front, they began begging for another helping of the spicy Virginia flavor!!

Fortunately for me, my wife loves the smell of the ones that I have tried so far! Though I've liked all three of the ones I've tried, SG's Sam's Flake is my favorite!! It was quite easy to detect the "bloom" that you referenced!! Wink The Oriental, perhaps??

Due to my tobacco funds to cost of it ratio, I'll not be able to keep Sam's Flake as my main tobacco. However, I will keep some of it around to enjoy as my occasional "Fillet Mignon" treat and deviation from the sweets!!

As a bit of a side note... being that I am a brittle diabetic, I no longer get to sit down and enjoy as much of as many sweet foods as I used to. Thank The God of Heaven that the same does not hold true of sweet tobaccos!!!!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me my first guided tour through the spice filled world of Virginia, brother Natch!!! cheers cheers cheers

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Welcome to the world of Virginias Robert, when I first started smoking I was really into the sweet tobacco because it was like having dessert but without the huge slice of cake. lol! Now I myself tend toward Virginias, Natch is certainly an upstanding fellow in sending samples, he is quite renowned for it around here, I hope you enjoy the rest of your samples.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Thank you, St Fiacre! I have no doubt that I will enjoy them!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Nice one Natch, Rob you must be like a kid in a candy store. Enjoy them my man! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:49 pm

bluedigital wrote:
Rob you must be like a kid in a candy store.
No doubt, BD... and, savoring every moment of it!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven king farao sunny bom rendeer flower alien santa jocolor Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnny

Registration date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Great going guys! I love seeing the generosity in our piper community!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thank you, brother Natch!!!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 am

Well done Natch!!!!!!!!
A true credit to the force my man!!!!
ROB, Rattrays make the finest in the world. Just stuck a bunch of Old Gowrie in the cellar myself! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Thank you, brother Natch!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1