HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My pc crashed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
briarbrian
Mr.Sandblast

Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: My pc crashed   Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey guys,
My PC crashed this past weekend, if you had emailed me and wanted on my mailing list when I add new pipes to my website please re-email your mailing address to me. I lost alot of email contacts in the crash and reformat. My email is brian@briarart.com
Thank you
Brian
www.briarart.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.briarart.com

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 am

Thanks for the info Brian, Sorry to hear about the technical mishap, hope you get it sorted soon!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:00 am

Hey Brian, sorry to hear about your PC problems. PM me if you are interested in solutions that will prevent something like this happening in the future. Idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 am

bluedigital wrote:
Hey Brian, sorry to hear about your PC problems. PM me if you are interested in solutions that will prevent something like this happening in the future. Idea
Who's da man!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am

bluedigital wrote:

Hey BD, are you a Mac salesman? Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 am

Hunter5117 wrote:
bluedigital wrote:

Hey BD, are you a Mac salesman? Razz Razz Razz
Have to agree with you on that one, but actually one better an Ubuntu salesman Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Hunter5117

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:12 am

Well, Mac actually runs on Darwin unix. I guess that is a relatively well know fact. So, it is really the best of both worlds.

I also have Ubuntu installed via Sun's Virtual Box, which is really great virtualization software. I mostly use it for testing purposes, sometimes will mess around with other stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 am

Hunter5117 wrote:
Well, Mac actually runs on Darwin unix. I guess that is a relatively well know fact. So, it is really the best of both worlds.

I also have Ubuntu installed via Sun's Virtual Box, which is really great virtualization software. I mostly use it for testing purposes, sometimes will mess around with other stuff.
As long as you're not messing around with Windoze you should be just fine lol!
Back to top Go down
Hunter5117

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

For the first time since owning a computer, I am completely Windows free. My current employer is Windows based, but they are fine with me using a Mac since our software is web-based and doesn't care what it runs on. My dark secret is I do have Win7 installed on virtual box as well, but again just for testing purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:52 am

[quote="bluedigital"]
Hunter5117 wrote:

Have to agree with you on that one, but actually one better an Ubuntu salesman Razz Razz Razz

okay, so i clicked on ubuntu.com to see what the hell you guys are talking about. so it's free, the website says. how do you sell something that's free? come on, what's your angle man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:19 pm

[quote="bruins"]
bluedigital wrote:
Hunter5117 wrote:

okay, so i clicked on ubuntu.com to see what the hell you guys are talking about. so it's free, the website says. how do you sell something that's free? come on, what's your angle man!
In South Africa Everything is free Bruins, collective ownership like........... If you like it you take it......... simple as that!!!!
affraid
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

In South Africa Everything is free Bruins, collective ownership like........... If you like it you take it......... simple as that!!!!
affraid

i'm packing my bags now! (maybe i should ask if there's a downside...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:26 pm

bruins wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

affraid

i'm packing my bags now! (maybe i should ask if there's a downside...)
Jails are full bro, Judges corrupt, it's open season!!!!!!!....I will expect you when????? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Jails are full bro, Judges corrupt, it's open season!!!!!!!....I will expect you when????? lol! lol!

hmm...i tend to attract corrupt judges who like to throw me in overstocked prisons. i'll send my picture along first and see how that goes. but i have no doubt you would put me up for as long as i cared to stay! same here, bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:47 pm

bruins wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

hmm...i tend to attract corrupt judges who like to throw me in overstocked prisons. i'll send my picture along first and see how that goes. but i have no doubt you would put me up for as long as i cared to stay! same here, bro. Very Happy

That goes without saying bro!! cheers
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:46 am

[quote="bruins"]
bluedigital wrote:
Hunter5117 wrote:

It's all in the maintenance .... OS is free but I sell maintenance contracts for corporations wishing to use Ubuntu on their Servers and Workstations.
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:23 am

bluedigital wrote:

It's all in the maintenance .... OS is free but I sell maintenance contracts for corporations wishing to use Ubuntu on their Servers and Workstations.

ah...that makes sense. i work at a hospital and our institution's second highest expense, first being salaries, is maintenance service contracts. good line of work choice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:23 pm

bruins wrote:
bluedigital wrote:

ah...that makes sense. i work at a hospital and our institution's second highest expense, first being salaries, is maintenance service contracts. good line of work choice!
Bruins, spoke to BD today........ he drives a Ferrari because of that "good line of work choice"!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Bruins, spoke to BD today........ he drives a Ferrari because of that "good line of work choice"!!!!!!!![/quote]

he looks like the kind of man i would expect to see behind the wheel of a ferrari. what's the vehicle of choice in south africa? a toyota something or other?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:38 am

bruins wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

Bruins, spoke to BD today........ he drives a Ferrari because of that "good line of work choice"!!!!!!!!

he looks like the kind of man i would expect to see behind the wheel of a ferrari. what's the vehicle of choice in south africa? a toyota something or other?

Hah! Ferrari..... I wish! Nope the IT here is not as lucrative as it once was. All my IT colleagues have left to the other side of the pond in search of greener pastures. Unfortunately here contract work is dealt out according to revised "criteria" that being Black Economic Empowerment and previously "disadvantaged" demographics. Being a white 40 year old male puts me squarely out of the picture so I have to scrabble and scratch for a living. The vehicle of choice at the moment is a Colt Bakkie (pickup).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 am

Dang Boys, BD it sure beats a 99 Nissan 1400!!!!!!!
Bruins I hope I have answered your question!!
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

yeah, but i had to look up a colt bakkie! Nissans are good, last a long time, but i expect you're going to be rollin' in some cash after you sell the second half of them paintings (you're not giving those away are you?) i'm picturing endowments from rich old women coming your way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:20 am

bruins wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:

yeah, but i had to look up a colt bakkie! Nissans are good, last a long time, but i expect you're going to be rollin' in some cash after you sell the second half of them paintings (you're not giving those away are you?) i'm picturing endowments from rich old women coming your way...

I wish bro!!!!!
Sell I will, I pray, what I get after agents com is quite a different story man!!!
Back to top Go down
bruins

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:15 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:

I wish bro!!!!!
Sell I will, I pray, what I get after agents com is quite a different story man!!!

agents...ah, the necessary evil. maybe your wife can become your agent, then the feed goes back in the same trough, so to speak. of course, she'll find other ways to make you pay. they always do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: My pc crashed   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 am

bruins wrote:
agents...ah, the necessary evil. maybe your wife can become your agent, then the feed goes back in the same trough, so to speak. of course, she'll find other ways to make you pay. they always do!

I second that, they always make you pay!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

My pc crashed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next