Watch strap help

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

West of the East and East of the West
Reaction score
What are some sources for really good leather watch straps?  Not sure I want to spend what it'll take to buy croc or alligator (but I might); good quality embossed leather might work.  I hate buying them online as they always look good in the photos but are often disappointing when in hand; some that I've bought that were touted to be top quality just didn't have the thickness, etc.

Currently I need a strap for my Longines Dolce Vita chrono; in the past I've ordered them from Longines (which are ridiculously expensive for what they are) but they have discontinued the one I preferred.  I'll want some nice thickness and contrasting stitching.  Thanks for any/all help/suggestions.

003_zpsd0538bce.jpg

Global is one that came highly recommended but I was rather disappointed in what I got from them. Maybe I'll give them another look.

I had the same problem. Wish I had posted here. I did buy a band for $95 from Fison. www.filson.com. It may not have the detail you are looking for. I do like the quality however.

Idlefellow":sxph1is2 said:
Global is one that came highly recommended but I was rather disappointed in what I got from them.  Maybe I'll give them another look.
This is an example of a Hadley-Roma Alligator strap with a stainless butterfly deployant catch that I got from Global on my Citizen Chronomaster. IMHO it's a beautiful strap for a beautiful watch at a very reasonable price  :twisted:

Idlefellow":dkqsbd5z said:
Do you have the model number of that strap?  Very attractive...
I just ordered a Tan Alligator Hadley- Roma strap as listed by Global. I had them put their "butterfly" deployant catch on it and ordered the size that would fit my wrist. That pic was taken about 5 years ago when I got it. It's darkened up with wear since then . Looks better with wear than when new IMHO :twisted: :twisted: