What are you smoking?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LV9

LV9

Registration date : 2009-07-27

What are you smoking? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 pm

PS Cube Cut in a Missouri Meerschaum General.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Just got back from a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my 1/8 bent no name Prince.. Yep hauling more wood Muddler.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
Buddy Springman

Buddy Springman

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Wrapped-up work I brought home from the office and am rewarding self with some Ennerdale Flake in a Brebbia calabash.

Buddy
Back to top Go down
Smokntaz

Smokntaz

Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Started my afternoon off with some FVF and just finished a bowl of Haddos Delight.
Back to top Go down
gilgawulf

gilgawulf

Location : Rahm Emanuel's Royal Estate of Taxcago-- I mean, Chicago, Il.
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Enjoying the Dunhill that has finally become available again in Chicago. Between the 965, the Nightcap, and the Virginia Flake, I'm mostly into the Nightcap. (Is it just me or does Nightcap taste a lot like Chelsea Morning?) Dunhill's Virginia Flake definitely does stand out, though I would hesitate to call it one of the best virginia flakes I've had. (maybe I'd put it in the lower half of the top ten?) I feel like I need to put in some more time with the 965 before I can make a ruling on it. But that Nightcap just jumped up and bit me, in a very good way.
I'd come close to relegating MacBaren to a similar place to Peterson in my estimation. That is to say, I was about to start thinking of it as really nice drug-store tobacco in a fancy tin. My exception to this rule with Peterson is their flakes, and it would seem that such is the case with MacBaren as well. I'm just about to pop open my second 100g tin of their Navy Flake, and it just gets more interesting. Definitely a fallout shelter tobacco (ie. if this was all I had with me in a fallout shelter I would spend more time enjoying this tobacco than thinking about all the ones I didn't have with me) (not the most elegant metaphor ever, but it does the job).
About to go smoke a bowl of Iwan Ries 3-Star Blue. I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this. I've been working on the same pouch since summer, and I'm not even halfway through it. Every few weeks I decide to give it another shot. I want so badly to like that stuff. The price can't be beat.
--one other thing: I picked up a hundred gram tin of the Solani Silver Flake. I can definitely see what people see in it. It's a good solid mix of Virginia and Dark Fire Kentucky. The epitome of what I think of when I think of that mixture. I guess it's just that I prefer that mixture in cigarettes (where it's called 'halfzware'). I've hardly touched the tin, but I've definitely smoked enough to know that it's just not for me. I'm thinking of trading it off with someone, if there's anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
Trout Bum

Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Smoked a tasty bowl of 965 on the way to work. (where I am now, unfortunately!) The more I smoke this one, the more I seem to be warming up to it. Even so, I can only take a English blend once or twice a week at best. It appears to smoke very well in an Ashton straight billiard, at 3 degrees F.

Carry on!
Back to top Go down
gilgawulf

gilgawulf

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Speaking of the 965, what can anyone tell me about the cavendish that they use int there? According to the listing on tobaccoreviews.com, 965 has no virginia in it. Does the cavendish take the place of the virginia? What exactly is 'brown cavendish"? I'm assuming this is something altogether different from the cavendish I'm going to find in Captain Black or Lane's BCA. Probably closer to the cavendish in Fox's Provost? (which, again, I'm completely in the dark on: I can't really tell what's what in there. Tobaccoreviews says it's just virginia and cavendish, but then I've heard perique, and latakia, and... yeah, can anyone tell me anything about that one?) (I'm rehydrating a tin of that as I type, thinking it might go well with the tone the 965's been establishing in my quarter bent dublin)
Back to top Go down
onabullit

onabullit

Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Smoked some of the new run of London mixture last night, really thought it fell far short of expectations. Currently recovering from the nicotine spins induced by a large bowl of mcclelland #22
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 12:23 am

gilgawulf wrote:
Speaking of the 965, what can anyone tell me about the cavendish that they use int there? According to the listing on tobaccoreviews.com, 965 has no virginia in it. Does the cavendish take the place of the virginia? What exactly is 'brown cavendish"? I'm assuming this is something altogether different from the cavendish I'm going to find in Captain Black or Lane's BCA. Probably closer to the cavendish in Fox's Provost? (which, again, I'm completely in the dark on: I can't really tell what's what in there. Tobaccoreviews says it's just virginia and cavendish, but then I've heard perique, and latakia, and... yeah, can anyone tell me anything about that one?) (I'm rehydrating a tin of that as I type, thinking it might go well with the tone the 965's been establishing in my quarter bent dublin)

Hey there. Cavendish actually is a process to treat tobacco, not a tobacco itself. It is made using Virginia (Red, Bright) or Burley leaf. It´s just a process of steaming or heating and then pressing it. It is left under the press for a good while until it begins to ferment. Sugar and various casings (flavorings) are added sometimes for added sweetness. That´s the basic idea as far as I understand it.
Back to top Go down
gilgawulf

gilgawulf

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:14 am

MisterE wrote:

Hey there. Cavendish actually is a process to treat tobacco, not a tobacco itself. It is made using Virginia (Red, Bright) or Burley leaf. It´s just a process of steaming or heating and then pressing it. It is left under the press for a good while until it begins to ferment. Sugar and various casings (flavorings) are added sometimes for added sweetness. That´s the basic idea as far as I understand it.
So in a way it's kind of similar to perique? I mean, minus the whiskey barrels and the years of fermentation, and plus the steaming and heating.
Your comment brings up another question I've had, and I think I'll start a thread on this topic in a more appropriate forum (ie. not in the 'what are you smoking' forum). I've heard of all sorts of different types of virginias: reds, brights, lemon, etc. etc. What are the differences between/defining characteristics of all these different virginias?
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:56 am

Davidoff Royalty in a Savinelli Autograph bent, blasted Dublin. Still raining out here on the coast, and loving it! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:48 am

Going to be a busy day today.. Heading out with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my Wally Frank LTD Giant.. Filling up on coffee.. cheers
Update : Morning chores done.. Had a bowl of Erinmore Flake in my MM Pride Cob.. Getting better with use. More coffee please..

Last edited by velveteagle on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cody V

Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:18 am

GLP Fillmore in a Savinelli Lolita
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Dunhill Nightcap in my Ferndown Bark Apple...
Back to top Go down
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Escudo in a new Tim Hynick cutty with his exclusive Deep Bark Finish. SUPERB
Very Happy
Doc
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Came home after watching my wife Graduate with honors from her college. Great event and good family gathering afterward. Had a bowl of Esoterica Margate in my La Strada Pico.. Having some Whiskey Mix now and feel just right.. Hope everyone had a good weekend.. cheers
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:01 am

Many congratulations to your wife,,,outstanding ,,,,,

Presbyterian in a Baki lovat, Mead

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Jack Howard

Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 am

My irst taste of Key Largo in a rusticated Nording. Very nice. I can really taste and smell the cigar leaf, and I like it. Best part is my wife is ok with it, which is always a big bonus.
Back to top Go down
LIPIPE

LIPIPE

Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: What are you smoking now?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 am

OGS in a Dunhill Savory pot. Just getting the day started "correctly". Latakia later.

After lunch a bowl of Milan's Wall Street. My evening smoke is Wilderness.

Last edited by LIPIPE on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trout Bum

Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 am

Solani 633 in a Stanwell 217. Snowing hard, puffing slow.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 am

Heading outside with a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in my MM Great Dane Spool... Hot coffee flowing.. cheers

Update: 1:38pm.. Had a bow of P&W Bohemian Mixture in my La Strada Pico. Then took a road trip with a bowl of Esoterica Margate in my Old Wally Frank LTD Giant..
What are you smoking? - Page 22 Happy_10
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:02 pm

before lunch....Dave's Delight
after lunch....1Q
the aromatics just are not cutting it for me anymore
Back to top Go down
Handsome Dynamite

Handsome Dynamite

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Just had a bowl of something... not sure what it was. Whatever I put in my jar on my pipestand so long ago. It might have been G.L. Pease Blackpoint or Odyssey. I think it was Blackpoint. Smoked it out of my Peterson Samhain 87.
Back to top Go down
velveteagle

velveteagle

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Handsome Dynamite wrote:
Just had a bowl of something... not sure what it was. Whatever I put in my jar on my pipestand so long ago. It might have been G.L. Pease Blackpoint or Odyssey. I think it was Blackpoint. Smoked it out of my Peterson Samhain 87.
Ha.. Wait till you get older HD.. I go outside and am smoking away.. Then I think "What the heck did I put in this pipe"? It only gets better.. lol!
Smoking some SG Squadron Leader in my MM Country Gentleman ...
What are you smoking? - Page 22 Hookah10
Back to top Go down
fishnrust

fishnrust

Registration date : 2010-04-21

PostSubject: Re: What are you smoking?   What are you smoking? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Sunday Picnic in a Savinelli Milano.
Back to top Go down

What are you smoking?
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: