HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CZ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stinger4me

Registration date : 2010-02-19

CZ Empty
PostSubject: CZ   CZ EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:15 pm

I might consider buying a pre-owned CZ 452. Has anyone here ever shot or owned one of these rifles. Images of the gun show it to be a nice bolt action rifle for .22 caliber. Thanks for the help.

Stinger
Back to top Go down
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:55 pm

I had one chambered in that Hummer caliber. Beautiful gun, excellent workmanship on fit and finish and dead nut accurate. I noticed quite a difference in one gun's wood to another, so check out the gun before you buy. I've always been a sucker for pretty wood on a long gun. I thought it was an excellent bargain for the money and CZ has a first rate reputation for quality. The only downside to CZ, for my money, is that parts are not readily available. It was never an issue, but something to think about for the future.
Back to top Go down
Muddler

Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:10 pm

I had a CZ .22 for many years & passed it onto my son. They're excellent little rifles. Never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
Mikem
The Coordinator
Mikem

Registration date : 2007-12-14

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I personally do not own a CZ but sure would like to. I have fired several 22-250's that friends own and am impressed with the fit and finish of their rifles, not to mention their accuracy.
Back to top Go down
hunter_185

Registration date : 2011-08-11

CZ Empty
PostSubject: 17hmr   CZ EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

I have a cz452 in .17HMR and love that thing. It's deadly accurate and keeps the yard gopher free! Did a lot of research before I bought it, has been worth every cent.
Back to top Go down
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

hunter_185 wrote:
I have a cz452 in .17HMR and love that thing. It's deadly accurate and keeps the yard gopher free! Did a lot of research before I bought it, has been worth every cent.

Did you ever shoot an egg with that gun? It's a fun way to make merang(sp)! Also, it will flat punch a hole through a quarter.
Back to top Go down
Stinger4me

Registration date : 2010-02-19

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

Well the rifle did not fit. The shape of the stock would not have worked for me. I would describe the stock as having a bulge at the top where the shooter would place his cheek. The rifle was finished very well and good fit between metal and steel. thanks for all of the input.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Undertaker

Undertaker

Registration date : 2011-09-02

CZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: CZ   CZ EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:56 pm

I have a left handed 452 American in 17 HMR, GREAT little rifle for half the price of a Cooper or Kimber....my only advice is be aware if you're mounting a scope to it that the bolt throw seems to be quite far....you may run into clearence problems with a large belled scope
Back to top Go down

CZ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: