trout trout trout

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

trout trout trout Empty
PostSubject: trout trout trout   trout trout trout EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:50 pm

With the water level being low in this area, and the temp up, the trout are much easier to pinpoint. We headed for a small stream, rock bottom having several deep pools with areas of brush overhang. My son drifted worms with his spinning rig and I nailed some nice beauties with my fly rod and terrestrials. I lost more than I landed owing to my lack of skill, but had a great time. I kept a pair of browns for breakfast as did my boy. Stuffed with cornbread, wrapped in bacon, and browned slowly over hardwood on the grill there's nothing better. Anyone else having luck on the streams?

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

trout trout trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: trout trout trout   trout trout trout EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:47 am

Hey man. We're heading out tomorrow to Colorado for a few days on the streams around Dolores (western CO). We'll see how it is.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

trout trout trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: trout trout trout   trout trout trout EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Have you tried your hand at fly fishing those streams? I have always wanted to learn it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

trout trout trout Empty
PostSubject: Re: trout trout trout   trout trout trout EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 pm

*stomps around* Well, catch some for ME sir, my fishing was downright terrible! Sad Feel free to describe the fish, post pictures and cook them with all the details. I love torture. Really, I do.
Back to top Go down

trout trout trout
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: