HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Terrible fishing, great pipe...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Terrible fishing, great pipe... Empty
PostSubject: Terrible fishing, great pipe...   Terrible fishing, great pipe... EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 pm

...good thing my Nording was with me, and my High West rye, because the winter was so long year up in the Sierras, the fish were lazy and didn't grow up big enough to be taken home. Great weather, but that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching." A few mild winters and the fish will be plentiful.

Cool
Back to top Go down
NewSmoke

NewSmoke

Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Terrible fishing, great pipe...   Terrible fishing, great pipe... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 am

I saw a bumper sticker or a coffee mug that read "a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work". At least you had your trusty friend with you. Better luck next time....
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Terrible fishing, great pipe...   Terrible fishing, great pipe... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm

...truth to tell, the wind picked up so much in the afternoon I just went for a long hike instead, but with California almost doubling their fishing license prices to boot, there was an added layer of disappointment. Considering that was the only downfall of the trip, yep, it was a good one.

Luckily I love my job, too, as it involves getting paid to hike, collect rocks and hang out in the beautiful wilds of Nevada, I'm pretty lucky--I didn't have a crappy job to return to.

...still woulda liked catching some more fish...*grumble* Laughing
Back to top Go down
flytyer

flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Terrible fishing, great pipe...   Terrible fishing, great pipe... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Cheer up...I bought a fishing licence and havent used it yet this year. I am determined to get out at least ounce or twice before it expires at the end of the year..If my schedule allows...
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Terrible fishing, great pipe...   Terrible fishing, great pipe... EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:38 pm

flytyer wrote:
Cheer up...I bought a fishing licence and havent used it yet this year. I am determined to get out at least ounce or twice before it expires at the end of the year..If my schedule allows...

Yeah, been there, get out at least once and you won't feel so bad... Cool
Back to top Go down

Terrible fishing, great pipe...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: