HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Had to have it!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Haven't been doing much long gun shooting in recent years. Wanted something versatile and usable. I've got three long range guns, but don't really shoot them much anymore. Heck, one of them spends most of its time in Germany. So, I wanted something to play with. Ruger introduced the Gunsite Scout Rifle back in Dec or so. I immediately contacted them, "How about a lefty?" Nope. Not going to happen. A couple of months later I contacted the Custom shop, same response. Dropped down to my favorite gunshop to help a buddy pick up a new Glock, asked them if they had seen a Scout, "Sure, got a left-handed one right here!" I was a goner.
The bolt was a little sticky, rough. I've now cycled it about 350 times and it is MUCH better. I figure by the time I get to 1000 it should be o.k. Trigger is a bit heavy (5 pounds), but very crisp. Butt-ugly clip, but help is on the way. Will try to do a little test firing this weekend.
Had to have it! 6814
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 am

I'm interested in hearing how accuracy is with the 16 1/2 inch barrel,,,,and how much muzzle blast,,,looks pretty handy, will a red dot sight mount up on that rail?,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Hunter5117

Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

Neat looking rifle. Is it a .308? Been hankering for a Springfield myself lately.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:02 pm

Ruger has a habit of making very rugged, simple-looking machines that are balanced just right. I realize there's people who just brush them off as an "ugly, cheap gun," but Ruger has always impressed me--this being yet another of theirs I like.

They went through some kind of change a couple of years ago, got bought out or something, and I was really worried they'd stop innovating and turn into crap--so far so good.

That's a sexy rifle. Bar-none. Nice to get it in a lefty-bolt for you, too! A fully-detailed range report (pictures? cheers ) would be much appreciated! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

That's a sweet piece! Let us know how she does downrange. Cool
Back to top Go down
EricJ

EricJ

Registration date : 2011-09-12

Had to have it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Had to have it!   Had to have it! EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:23 am

Very nice! I've never regretted any Rugers I have owned. cheers
Back to top Go down

Had to have it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: