HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toad Hall

Toad Hall

Registration date : 2012-07-28

Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Good Afternoon Brothers! Fall is such a fantastic time of year. The air is crisp and fresh. Leaves turn a splendid shade of yellow, orange, and red. The wind stirs slowly, yet poignant, almost as if it were about to whisper a secret of something greater, something spiritual. This is the season of Fall, a time of both bewilderment and quiet introspection.

While keeping with my Fall tradition, I have been reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. For me, this book is a must-read every Fall season. Though there are many other fantastic novels and short stories which align perfectly with the Fall/Halloween season, this book will always be a classic which never grows old.

My question for you is this: What novels or short stories do you take pleasure in reading during the Fall/Halloween season?

Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? DraculaandPipe

Last edited by Toad Hall on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TonyS

TonyS

Registration date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Great book!

I know you're talking about the book but here's what we watch every Halloween:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Sleepy Hollow (w/Depp)
any Vincent Price horror flick

Back to top Go down
idbowman

idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Didn't get around to it this year, but I usually like to spend fall evenings out on the deck with coffee, pipes, and Poe.
Back to top Go down
Simple Man

Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:36 pm

idbowman wrote:
Didn't get around to it this year, but I usually like to spend fall evenings out on the deck with coffee, pipes, and Poe.

Now you're talking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toad Hall

Toad Hall

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:26 am

TonyS wrote:
Great book!

I know you're talking about the book but here's what we watch every Halloween:
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Sleepy Hollow (w/Depp)
any Vincent Price horror flick

Bram Stoker's Dracula and Sleepy Hollow; a few of my favorites! Vincent Price: He will always be the King of the horror in my book! The House on Haunted Hill is a particularly good one for this time of year.
Back to top Go down
Toad Hall

Toad Hall

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 am

idbowman wrote:

Poe is one of my all-time favorite authors, especially this time of year! Now add fresh air, coffee, and a good pipe....what more could you want?
Back to top Go down
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned by Wells Tower. Not really a Halloween book, but brutally honest, perfect prose that examines life at its most vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?   Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Poe, Alan Moore's "From Hell," Lovecraft or vintage Stephen King is great.
Back to top Go down

Favorite Fall/Halloween Reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Book Shelf-
Jump to: