HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wondering.............

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

Wondering............. Empty
PostSubject: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:02 am

Dear Board,

If I smoke my 1917 Dunhill Shell with the group 1 size bowl with 65 + y/o Three Nuns whilst fishing with my 1917 Leonard Hawes 8' 3/2 Bamboo Fly Rod using a silk line from the 20's and my 1912/1905 prototype check Hardy Perfect original LHW, will I catch more fish? Wondering............. Titanic
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:16 am

Of that I am uncertain.

But there is a certainty that many high-end, antique, junk shops will have landed their fish -- suitable for mounting.

I would suggest spending a year on a tuna boat -- to do in the quantity gremlin -- and then return to your search for the perfect moment.
Back to top Go down
flytyer

flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 8:32 am

Knowledge, ability, and technique will catch fish. You wont catch any more fish than usual, but you'll have a much better experience catching them than someone throwing a plastic line with a graphite rod. The Dunhill will not help you catch any more fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:55 am

Haven't fished or tied in years. My one little excess was a nice Hull bamboo that I bought out in W. Yellowstone from the old Pat Barnes shop. Even managed a Grayling once out there while floating the Big Hole during a nice caddis hatch. That's bigger water. My regular haunts were in Michigan. I'd always wanted to fish some eastern waters but never got there. I envy you access, flytyer. May you always catch the hatches.

Never fished the Hull that much. My favorite rod was a Heddon Superlative (production glass) that I broke about 4" off the tip of when I slipped climbing out of the Pere Marquette. Repaired it to finish the trip and it threw better than it had before. I love that rod. Built a bunch of rods too.

Too many hobbies; too little time.
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Your going to have a good time. If you do catch fish. You will have a better time. If you find some one to clean and prepair your fish for you. You will have even a better time. Enjoying the dunhill the hole time. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:33 pm

If you do catch anything, it will probably be a very old fish. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Fishing (and hunting) to me is for peaceful and relaxful. It is not how many, but the time is for enjoyment.

Enjoy your "wondering"

Jim
Back to top Go down
Idlefellow

Idlefellow

Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:34 am

If you can catch more than I catch smoking my post-Republic Peterson's "Mycroft" filled with brand new McClelland's British Woods Mixture, using my Winston 8-1/2' 5wt WT ("graphite") rod and a Wulff Triangle taper WF ("plastic") line loaded on a fairly recent Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock reel, I say go for it Wink ! And if you have a better experience, then good on ya!
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:52 pm

Well, maybe not catch more fish, but it'll make catching no fish more bearable.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:06 pm

They do call it "hunting" and "fishing" for a reason: there's no guarantee of a kill/catch. Laughing

Journey > Destination. With pipe? All the better.

One day I'll get a fly rod and try not to capsize my kayak with me inside...(but some cobs seem to float, fortunately). Laughing
Back to top Go down
morningsmoke

Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:17 am

Only if you tie on a Jock Scott Collector Fly by Ramsay flies.
Back to top Go down
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:32 pm

To answer your question. NO

lol!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptySun May 26, 2013 2:41 am

Buckshot wrote:
If you do catch anything, it will probably be a very old fish. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

Thank you all, I find your replies, refreshing, thoughtful, pronounced and evoking, not necessarily in that order. I do a lot of fishing, and hunting, in my head and find it is a balm for the soul especially while smoking a favorite tobacco in one of my favorite pipes, happy smoking, dreaming, living......... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
kaiser83

kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wondering.............   Wondering............. EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:33 am

"A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work."

Does it matter if you catch more fish? Actually if you want to catch more fish you need C&D Evening Rise, there's a guy catching a bass on the tin, you can't lose (other than that blend is wrechid)
Back to top Go down

Wondering.............
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: