HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

McClelland No. 22 Virginia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

McClelland No. 22 Virginia Empty
PostSubject: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Just bought my first tin along with Peterson University Flake. Gotta say (IMOP), the McClelland is MUCH better.
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Have to agree. Love No. 22 VA.

UF, not so much.

Cheers,

RR

McClelland No. 22 Virginia Purple11x 3McClelland No. 22 Virginia Bombx10McClelland No. 22 Virginia Bombx10  McClelland No. 22 Virginia D6bddf10 McClelland No. 22 Virginia 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d McClelland No. 22 Virginia Cowboy13McClelland No. 22 Virginia 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
monbla256

monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Remember, Peterson for pipes, McClelland for 'bac Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
AJ

AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:27 am

If you are deciding between tobaccos and one choice is McClelland, always choose the McClelland. You won't be disappointed. JMHO
AJ
Back to top Go down
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 am

Sweet! More university flake for me! Haven't tried the 22 yet but I have a few hundred ozs of 27 dating back to the late 90s and early 2000s. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
alfredo_buscatti

alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 pm

UF is heavily topped/cased, but it is the only such tobacco I smoke except for 1792, which with its musty, dry-floral notes is one of my very favorites.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 3:02 pm

I haven't tried either. In the McClelland Matured series, 24 is really nice. I had a tin of UF but packaged it in a bomb a few months ago.

Jeb, what specifically do you like about UF?
Back to top Go down
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:33 pm

DrumsAndBeer wrote:
I haven't tried either. In the McClelland Matured series, 24 is really nice. I had a tin of UF but packaged it in a bomb a few months ago.

Jeb, what specifically do you like about UF?

I like the topping. It's a nice sweet plum that mixes with the great Virginia burley base and is pretty sweet, but balanced. It's a sweet tooth thing, kinda like FVF you know? Has always delivered a consistently good smoke. I have a tin from the late 90s I'm about to open, probably when I get back from Colorado. I'm honestly not sure why I like it, I'll smoke a bowl and report back because the description from my memory sounds gross.
Back to top Go down
somedumbjerk

somedumbjerk

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:55 pm

okay smoked a bowl this morning while walking the mutt. i do really like this tobacco, and it's because of the topping. i don't really smoke aromatics at all these days. this one is the exception. to me it's a really high quality VaBur with a plum casing. the plum casing comes through in the smoke. it's sweet, and mixes with the sweet VA and the nutty/chickory burley exceptionally well. to me this is what pipe smoking was in my head when i first tried a pipe with some aromatics. maybe not for everyone, but i bet i'll smoke this the rest of my life. Chris, it's a shame i missed you at Edwards, i could have sampled you out on some!
Back to top Go down
Bobostro61

Bobostro61

Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 4:42 pm

ajn27511 wrote:
If you are deciding between tobaccos and one choice is McClelland, always choose the McClelland. You won't be disappointed. JMHO
AJ

There are two Peterson blends I do like.  Sweet Kilarney and Sunset Breeze.  Still experimenting with tobaccos here.  I spend more time making pipes than smoking them.  Go figure...  Of the couple McClellands I do have, they are the better.  Davidoff Red is another one of my fav's.  Guess I like the sweeter ones.  Having only been smoking a pipe for a year or so now, I have a TON to learn about the different blends.  There's so many to choose from it gets overwhelming trying to figure out what to try.  I pretty much flip a coin and hope for the best. That #22 is the bomb though.
Back to top Go down
DrumsAndBeer

DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: McClelland No. 22 Virginia   McClelland No. 22 Virginia EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 6:31 pm

somedumbjerk wrote:
Chris, it's a shame i missed you at Edwards, i could have sampled you out on some!

I'll have to give UF a try.

Jeb, I'll give you a jingle the next time I plan on stopping by Edwards. Since my mom passed, I have been down that way a bit more lately.
Back to top Go down

McClelland No. 22 Virginia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: