Military Rifles

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

Military Rifles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Rifles   Military Rifles - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:59 am

I can't afford the M14 but I've had the little mini for a long time. She's never failed to do what I've put her through.
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Military Rifles   Military Rifles - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:21 am

When I was close to leaving VN I was offered my M14 for $96 after they disabled the automatic portion, what we referred to as the Bullwinkle switch as it had the appearance of a moose antler to some degree, unfortunately I know I would not have enough money to get home since I made a paltry $182/month with combat pay so I sadly passed, glad I did I barely made the flight from San Francisco to Boston on military standby for $116!

plumbernater wrote:
I can't afford the M14 but I've had the little mini for a long time. She's never failed to do what I've put her through.
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw
SPUD 15

SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Military Rifles   Military Rifles - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:42 pm

fishnbanjo wrote:
The SKS to the AK47 is the equivalent pf the M16 to the M14, I prefer both the SKS and the M14. I carried both the M16 and M14 in VN and the M14 is still a better firearm, heavy but damn reliable.
Fish I was in Phu Bai 70-71, don't know if we shared the same dirt but I agree that the 7.62 is far superior than the 5.56. I own a fn-Fal which IMHO is superior to the m14 in-fact I do not know why our service branches awarded the contract to the m14 in the early 50s tests with the FAL. It is hard to compare the ( M-14,FN-FAL,SKS ), to the ( M-16, AK47) as the prior are battle rifles and the latter are assault rifles and I like you prefer the battle rifle. Just a note, the FAL is still in use today in over 60-90 NATO countries. MIKE
Back to top Go down
fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Military Rifles   Military Rifles - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Spud,
I was in DaNang SID from Sept 69-Feb 70 then transferred out after turning Naval Support Activities to Army Support, the next portion of my tour was in IV Corps down on the Delta on PBR Mobile Base II in Tan An with a 38 day TDY to Operations Parrots Beak in Vin Ghia Cambodia Apr 70, came back home in Sept 70 with 2 1/2 years left on my enlistment.
Back to top Go down
http://fishnbanjosplace.yuku.com/directory#.UOxnWne3ofw

Military Rifles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: