Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Hooked on handguns - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:17 pm

I did for many a year. Why? Simple. The first rule of a gunfight is: Have a gun.
Back to top Go down
loco pony

loco pony

Registration date : 2013-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:53 am

I carry and my wife does. Why? Because it better to have a thing and not need it than to need it and not have it. It happens everyday that people are robbed, car jacked, or burgled while they sit there watching it happen in terror.
A good friend of mine was driving his truck one day , and when he stopped at a red light two guys came running at his truck. Obvious car jacking happening. When he pulled his gun they ran off. I'm sure they just jacked some one else. But they never even came one step closer once they saw he was armed and ready to rock and roll.

The average death toll of a public or mass shooting when stopped by the police is near 14, but when stopped by a civilian is closer to 2.
Now this is not an attack on police. They cant be everywhere all the time and nor would you want that. They have to arrive on the scene and assess the situatuon. When a civilian does it, its because they are there when it is in progress and spring into action.
Point being it may be me or you or any one of these God fearing, gun toting, constitution lovers who have to save peoples lives in another attempt at terror. Yes all mass shooting are acts of terror. Thats why they do it. Too cause general fear and harm to a much larger group than the ones attacked.
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 am

MisterE wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually carry handguns with you in your everyday life and why?
Ain't tellin'. Obviously they are carried for the same reasons one buys any other form of insurance.

Interesting story: I know a guy who was heeled and was in a bank when an armed robbery took place. Assessing the situation, he did nothing, and everything turned out OK. No one ever knew he was heavy. Didn't want the legal hassle. Such is life in cover-your-ass America.
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Sounds to me like he made the proper assessment. If you and others can walk away unharmed then starting a gun fight is not the solution.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I always carry a gun when I'm in the bush.  It'd be stupid not to.  

Preparation is only as good as awareness of any given situation.  I can't always carry a gun, but I can always have awareness.   One is no better than the other, especially if it comes right down to it.   Speaking for myself, my wilderness senses keep me pretty safe in the urban jungles, too.   A long time ago, before I was of legal age to own a handgun, a friend and I were in a seedy part of SF.  Crackhead pulled a gun on us for money.  We were street kids, we had none--we were just easy.   I talked the guy down, and everything was fine, and my friend then got behind the guy and clocked him with part of a broken wood pallet.   Out cold.  Friend then took the gun and stuffed it in a mailbox.   We ran.

Survival isn't about a gun or no gun, it's about survival when you need to.  By any means necessary.   For me, avoiding/sensing the problem before it starts is key.  In the very rare times you can't do that, be prepared.  

Cool
Back to top Go down
loco pony

loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Quote :
Survival isn't about a gun or no gun, it's about survival when you need to.  By any means necessary.   For me, avoiding/sensing the problem before it starts is key.  In the very rare times you can't do that, be prepared.  
Yep why I have never pointed at a single human ever. Never had too, thank God.
Back to top Go down
whitepony1986

Registration date : 2013-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 pm

i carry everyday as to why i have been robbed twice after the second time i got my ccw the third time i was attempted to be robbed the ight of me unholstering the smoke wagon was enough to deter them.
Back to top Go down
Wayne_Teipen

Wayne_Teipen

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 4:31 pm

"Always carry. Never tell."
Back to top Go down
http://teipenpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Wayne_Teipen wrote:
"Always carry.  Never tell."
Kind of hard in "open-carry" land. Laughing With 50 pounds of rock on my back, a Judge ain't gonna be to comfy in a waistband or under the arm. tongue

Cool
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 10:17 pm

I always carry. There are alot of stupid folks out there. I too many folks that depend on me to die at the hands of a crack head. And of course the zombie appocolyps could happen at any time.Shocked
Back to top Go down
loco pony

loco pony

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Never had too draw mine on anyone, but if put in that position, I will not hesitate. I will put a 45. cal hunk of lead into a would be threat.
Back to top Go down
PozzSka

PozzSka

Registration date : 2013-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I carry everyday. I also have a fire extinguisher in my kitchen. I don't intend on starting a fire, nor do I hope for one.

And, I do that to save my house/belongings/etc. (assuming im there to actually use the extinguisher). The risk is losing a house and stuff which i can replace.

I carry a gun because I can't replace my kids or wife. It sounds really dramatic and it sort of is, but I'm not paranoid. I'm fully aware that the odds of me using my firearms is so low, but I still practice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nathanscoffeeroasting.com
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm

MisterE wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually carry handguns with you in your everyday life and why?
The why....because a cop is too heavy.

As indicated elsewhere, in most cases, the police don't stop a crime from happening. The arrest criminals which does prevent future crimes but the arrest is an after the crime event.

I have a lot of friends in law enforcement. Once when working out of town in a big city one of them asked me what part of town I was working. He said, "Carry a gun." I told him I would be okay I was working with a partner. He said, 'Good. Two guns are better."
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hooked on handguns   Hooked on handguns - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Yep when seconds count. The police are minutes away.
Back to top Go down

Hooked on handguns
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: