HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?

Go down 

My top picks, help me narrow it down!
Nightcap
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap14%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
SPC Mississippi River
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap14%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Frog Morton on the Town
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap7%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Frog Morton
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap0%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Quite Nights
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap0%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Haddo's Delight
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap29%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Ten Russians
 0% [ 0 ]
Bayou Night
 0% [ 0 ]
Bayou Morning
 14% [ 2 ]
Full Virginia Flake
Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_lcap21%Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
GeoffC

GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? Empty
PostSubject: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:52 pm

That time of year!  Heading to the outer banks of NC to camp for a week and surf cast for a week.   Last year I enjoyed a tin of Jackknife Plug (hmmm why have I not restocked???)

Brother-in-law took me out last year and I had an incredible time.   First night I woke up at 2am and started fishing.  Must of witnessed 2 dozen shooting stars across an incredible back drop of a very bright milky way on a moonless night.   Caught drum, blues and a couple of spots.   Truly a magical experience to be unplugged and out of communication from work to recharge the batteries.

Probably bring two tins for the week.   This is a partial list of my cellar I am considering on bringing with me.   Help me narrow down!   Multiple selections allowed!
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Angler's Dream?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
GeoffC

GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:34 pm

May be tough to TAD before the trip unless PipeAndLeaf has it in stock, which I believe they do not carry ATM.
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Angler's Dream is out of stock, and they keep saying RSN (real soon now). If you had that one the list though, it would be a natural...
Back to top Go down
gnossos

Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 9:57 pm

FVF is the only blend I voted for and it would be a good one.

When I go on a fishing trip I ensure that I either bring along a base of FVF or Escudo.  If I'm feeling lucky some of my stash of Revor Plug, St. Bruno, and/or Condor comes with me and when it does that tends to be the three I smoke.

I felt lucky last time 'round.

Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? 2d1366e4339d11e3990622000aeb0f14_8

Nothing like Laphroaig and a strong English flake or plug to celebrate with around the fire. ~25-30lbs on an 8wt rig.
Back to top Go down
Clay

Clay

Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Last year Mississippi River and I brought in the fish. It's my fishing blend.
Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 pm

Well it looks like that vacation is cancelled. Got laid off with a bunch of folks from work. They got in a cash crunch situation.

Thanks for the response anyway! On to the next chapter!
Back to top Go down
Fr_Tom

Fr_Tom

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:11 am

Ouch! Sorry to hear about the layoff. Sorry to hear about the cancelled fishing trip too, but we have to keep a sense of perspective.

Back to top Go down
GeoffC

GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Eh, it happens. I have a lot of leads right now so it is all good. I will do the spring drum run instead
Back to top Go down
Geoff

Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?   Outer Banks Drum Fishing  - Which tobacco to take? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Great attitude.  A friend went through this a while back.  Just got an email from him about the new job and he likes it much better.
Back to top Go down

Outer Banks Drum Fishing - Which tobacco to take?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: