Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold Empty
PostSubject: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 pm

We've seen an increase in the number of coyotes in our area lately. I thought I'd pick up something shooting fast and flat
and do a little thinning. I thought a .25-06  would reach out and do the job so I perused the market and found Savage offers a bolt action with a 3-9 scope package at a reasonable price. The downfall comes with the price of the ammo. The cost of the rifle package equals the price of 8 boxes of ammo, which by the way is nonexistant.  With the store shelves bare of everything but shotgun shells and new EPA standards shutting down lead smelting and production in the U.S. it looks like the anti gun kooks have won.  It's enough of a headache trying to find the standard calibers without banging my head looking for unobtainium new stuff. In a few years they'll be giving away rifles with an ammo purchase.

I think gold has peaked out so I'm investing in ammunition.

RANT OVER.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:32 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:10 am

My guys shelves are stocked. Everything but 22 bricks, which baffles me. I can go in and score Ar-15, cases of 9mm, 223, whatever at will.
Back to top Go down
DoverPipes

DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:54 am

puros_bran wrote:
My guys shelves are stocked.   Everything but 22 bricks, which baffles me.  I can go in and score Ar-15, cases of 9mm, 223, whatever at will.
.22 ammo is "the" universal round.
It's worth its' weight in gold right now............
Back to top Go down
plumbernater

plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:39 am

You have alot of folks that watch for the trucks to run for walmart. Buy 22 bricks for 21 dallors. turn around and put them on arms list or other sell sites and double their money
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold   Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:31 pm

I can get it by the box all day long. Just no bricks. I know same thing... But not really. I like the big box for all the little boxes.
Back to top Go down

Brass, lead, powder and primer,,,it's the new gold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: