HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Shot in the Dark

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

A knowledgeable friend of mine says I should have a .22 pistol, if or when the SH the Fan.  I don't know if the S is going to H the Fan, but I do know I find this pistol desirable and just about the only .22 pistol that is, to me.  Does anyone here have one they would sell to me?  Strictly legit, dealer-to-dealer, etc.  I have a carry license and all that.  Beretta Jaguar, I believe it's called, no longer made or something.

A Shot in the Dark <a href=A Shot in the Dark Berett11" />
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Personal preference would be to look for at least a .32 cal if protection is what your looking for. Wish I had a Berretta but, all I have nowadays is a Colt 45 revolver as far as a handgun.
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:18 pm

A Colt Combat Commander is my carry piece. Love it. I want the .22 just to have, kind of like having more pipes than you really need. The point is, .22 ammo might be more available under certain circumstances, besides being used for money, possibly. We're talking Armageddon, man!
Back to top Go down
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 pm

I carry a 1911 framed Taurus .45 and find it easy to carry. It was reasonable at $500, and they have a good warranty.  I don't have one to sell myself, but a 22 would be suit you better in a rifle and a little bit bigger caliber in an pistol. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Have you tried to buy .22 ammo? Y'all think tobacco hoarding is bad! I can find .45 ACP much easier than .22 around here.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:34 pm

you might have to call in a few favors from someplace to help keep an eye out for one of these.  I checked all the large dealer ads in the gunlist and there were no jaguars for sale.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.

Last edited by mark on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

A Shot in the Dark Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Shot in the Dark   A Shot in the Dark EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:28 am

mark wrote:
you might have to call in a few favors from someplace to help keep an eye out for one of these.  I checked all the large dealer ads in the gunlist and there were no jaguars for sale.

Yeah, I think it's one of those pieces that people tend to keep.  The thing about this gun is that it's allegedly dead reliable with rimfire ammo, not a common thing I am told.  The Israeli Mossad used them at one time.  Just thought I'd ask.
Back to top Go down

A Shot in the Dark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: Field & Stream-
Jump to: