HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
 

 It's World No Tobacco Day...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fsu92john

fsu92john

Age : 50
Location : Orlando, FL
Registration date : 2014-01-24

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:10 am

...do your part by destroying as much tobacco as you can. Fire works best. Cool
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:28 am

I enjoy my pipe smoking but I freely admit it is a vice. A risk however I have made an informed decision to expose myself to.

Having smoke free days, and I would go as far as advocating going three consecutive days without tobacco once a month, is a good thing. I smoke a pipe because I want to, and not because I have to. Asserting that choice can only be done by occasional abstinence.

Only my opinion and feel free to puff as often and whenever you please.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
DrT999

DrT999

Age : 62
Location : Piedmont of North Carolina
Registration date : 2011-08-31

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:59 am

Off to do my part in destoying some 'baccy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Briar Spirit

Briar Spirit

Age : 52
Location : England UK
Registration date : 2012-08-30

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:20 am

Destroying some fine Capstan Navy Cut as I type.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Location : North Coast NY
Registration date : 2011-04-09

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 10:57 am

I almost never smoke before lunch; today I shall make an exception and also increase my normal usage. I shall also do the flaunting bit, taking my pipe everywhere I go, even if unlit. Hmm, let's see--a group 4 Dunhill shell billiard I think enhances my unusually handsome profile. The day calls for sport, and I'll see if I can get a rise or two from the hyper-nags.
Back to top Go down
Buckshot

Buckshot

Age : 73
Location : Southeast Michigan
Registration date : 2011-07-17

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 11:30 am

Burn, baby...burn!!!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Hiram-2011

Hiram-2011

Age : 42
Location : Illinois
Registration date : 2012-03-23

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Count me in for lighting up today Smile
Back to top Go down
Natch

Natch

Age : 69
Location : foothills of the Ozarks
Registration date : 2007-12-21

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Well, I'll certainly do my part, and help bring down the current Cuban government at the same time, by burning a small portion of their crops. Laughing 

Natch
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Age : 57
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 3:27 pm

I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

[url=It's World No Tobacco Day... Charat10]Charatan[/url]

I plan on destroying more pipe weed, and a cigar throughout the day  pirat
Back to top Go down
jonnylaw13

jonnylaw13

Age : 34
Location : norther WI
Registration date : 2014-05-16

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm doing my part! We all know tobacco use isn't the greatest for us but I look at how much the world economy actually owes a LOT to us tobacco users and tobacco companies!
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Age : 66
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 5:57 pm

It's World No Tobacco Day...

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy13
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 67
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
It's World No Tobacco Day...

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy13

What the man from TX said!

 Basketball 


Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


It's World No Tobacco Day... Purple11x 3It's World No Tobacco Day... Bombx10It's World No Tobacco Day... Bombx10  It's World No Tobacco Day... D6bddf10 It's World No Tobacco Day... 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d It's World No Tobacco Day... Cowboy13It's World No Tobacco Day... 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
RDPipes

RDPipes

Age : 66
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 7:35 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
It's World No Tobacco Day...

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy13

What the man from TX said!

 Basketball 


Cheers,

RR

Wait..............This can't be happening.........someone agrees with ME? It's World No Tobacco Day... Jawdro10 It's World No Tobacco Day... Pipe-i10
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Brewdude
Moderator
Brewdude

Age : 67
Location : Arid-zona
Registration date : 2011-05-04

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Cartaphilus wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
It's World No Tobacco Day...

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy13

What the man from TX said!

 Basketball 


Cheers,

RR

Wait..............This can't be happening.........someone agrees with ME? It's World No Tobacco Day... Jawdro10 It's World No Tobacco Day... Pipe-i10

Hey, when you're right you're right......right?

 scratch 



Cheers,

RR

_________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin


It's World No Tobacco Day... Purple11x 3It's World No Tobacco Day... Bombx10It's World No Tobacco Day... Bombx10  It's World No Tobacco Day... D6bddf10 It's World No Tobacco Day... 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d It's World No Tobacco Day... Cowboy13It's World No Tobacco Day... 4G80VIc

Site moderator and BoB Bomber's co-commander.
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com Online
RDPipes

RDPipes

Age : 66
Location : East Texas
Registration date : 2011-12-15

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Brewdude wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
Cartaphilus wrote:
It's World No Tobacco Day...

And this means what to me?

NOTHING!!!!! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy13

What the man from TX said!

 Basketball 


Cheers,

RR

Wait..............This can't be happening.........someone agrees with ME? It's World No Tobacco Day... Jawdro10 It's World No Tobacco Day... Pipe-i10

Hey, when you're right you're right......right?

 scratch 



Cheers,

RR

RIGHT! It's World No Tobacco Day... Cheesy14
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
alandadp

alandadp

Age : 64
Location : Plymouth, England
Registration date : 2013-04-29

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 am

Broke out the Polinski Oom Paul (capacity - about ½lb) to celebrate  Very Happy 

Adam
Back to top Go down
BriarFox

BriarFox

Location : Wyoming
Registration date : 2013-10-11

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Fatman wrote:
I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

[url=It's World No Tobacco Day... Charat10]Charatan[/url]

I plan on destroying more pipe weed, and a cigar throughout the day  pirat

That is a good question, I vote for Billiard.

I have a pipe that could go either bent Brandy or Apple. I like the interesting shapes.

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday. Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
Moderator
MisterE

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:51 pm

BriarFox wrote:
Fatman wrote:
I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

[url=It's World No Tobacco Day... Charat10]Charatan[/url]

I plan on destroying more pipe weed, and a cigar throughout the day  pirat

That is a good question, I vote for Billiard.  

I have a pipe that could go either bent Brandy or Apple. I like the interesting shapes.  

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday.  Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.  

My guess is that it's a Charatan shape 402 large Canadian. Maybe it's the angle, but the shank looks to have been shortened slightly. Is the nomenclature centered halfway between the bowl and the end of the shank? If not, it was possibly cut and redrilled to fix a cracked mortise.

I collect the Charatan 402s, btw.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Age : 57
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 am

MisterE wrote:
BriarFox wrote:
Fatman wrote:
I am doing my part, when I got home from call I lit a bowl of Villager 1888 after dinner, in a new to me Charatan (not sure what shape to call it, Billiard/Canadian?) The bowl size throws me off.

[url=It's World No Tobacco Day... Charat10]Charatan[/url]

I plan on destroying more pipe weed, and a cigar throughout the day  pirat

That is a good question, I vote for Billiard.  

I have a pipe that could go either bent Brandy or Apple. I like the interesting shapes.  

That Frog Morton Cellar combined with some Hard Cider was very good yesterday.  Glad I could due my part to tell the world to F^$% Off.  

My guess is that it's a Charatan shape 402 large Canadian. Maybe it's the angle, but the shank looks to have been shortened slightly. Is the nomenclature centered halfway between the bowl and the end of the shank? If not, it was possibly cut and redrilled to fix a cracked mortise.

I collect the Charatan 402s, btw.  Cool

The nomenclature is halfway down the shank. Sadly the gent that refurbished it was over zealous and the stamp is difficult to read. Great smoking pipe though!
Back to top Go down
MisterE
Moderator
MisterE

Location : Mexico City
Registration date : 2009-08-24

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 am

^It could be it's just a stubby Canadian then!  Laughing 

I agree, Charatans are some of the finest smokers out there. I'd say that pipe for pipe they outsmoke just about everything in my collection. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Age : 57
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2013-02-14

It's World No Tobacco Day... Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's World No Tobacco Day...   It's World No Tobacco Day... EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 4:08 am

Best part is I paid $55 shipped!
Back to top Go down
 
It's World No Tobacco Day...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: