HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My first ever online order for real guns.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

My first ever online order for real guns. Empty
PostSubject: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:39 am

So, I've bought air guns online aplenty. Now, I've ordered two pistols.

One is a .22 cal. Sig Mosquito. This one is 90% of the size of the famous Sig 226. It's a plinker and a 'cheap ammo trainer' for my next one, since all the controls, etc. are essentially identical.

The one I found was $250 (so, yes, I pretty much stole it) and is NIB with full warrantee and made in Germany.

My first ever online order for real guns. Mos-Nitron-detail-Hero

The second one is a totally underrated model, the Sig 2022. While most of the flagship Sigs go for close to a grand, I picked this up for $400! This one in 9 mm was made in the USA. To me, they make a nice set.

My first ever online order for real guns. 2022-Nitron-detail-hero

I'm looking forward to getting these in and burning up a little ammo at the range. 

Then let those Zombies beware!!!

My first ever online order for real guns. D6bddf10My first ever online order for real guns. 29400910My first ever online order for real guns. 114e6110My first ever online order for real guns. Ddb39b10My first ever online order for real guns. Cf77ce10My first ever online order for real guns. Dd692012My first ever online order for real guns. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 am

Nice ones sir, I like the looks of the 9mm Sig, strange because I'm mostly a revolver man.
Hope you can get ammo, here .22 jump off the shelves before they get there.
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:02 pm

With all the places we have around here I think I can find it somewhere...but I too have heard it's in short supply.

One of the reasons I went to this combo was to move down to the 9mm again. After my last purchase (a Springfield XD .40 Compact, below) I found myself shooting less and less due to the cost of the .40 S&W ammo. I'll be selling the XD40 asap. Nothing at all wrong with it, excellent item in every way...just time to adjust for the apocalypse. lol

My first ever online order for real guns. Springfield-Sub-Compact-XD-1

My first ever online order for real guns. D6bddf10My first ever online order for real guns. 29400910My first ever online order for real guns. 114e6110My first ever online order for real guns. Ddb39b10My first ever online order for real guns. Cf77ce10My first ever online order for real guns. Dd692012My first ever online order for real guns. Cowboy13
Back to top Go down
kaitlyn3837

kaitlyn3837

Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Nice buys! I love my .22 plinker (Walther P22) and the ammo goes in cycles here. Walmart is always sold out but the gun stores and pawn shops always seem to have it. And you can almost always find it online (or least when I looked a few months ago).

Today after work, I'm headed to pick up my S&W Bodyguard 380! This post might have inspired to post about it Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Ooh! I like it!

My first ever online order for real guns. 9k=

Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Couple of nice firearms you have purchased!
Back to top Go down
Mikem
The Coordinator
Mikem

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
With all the places we have around here I think I can find it somewhere...but I too have heard it's in short supply.

One of the reasons I went to this combo was to move down to the 9mm again. After my last purchase (a Springfield XD .40 Compact, below) I found myself shooting less and less due to the cost of the .40 S&W ammo. I'll be selling the XD40 asap. Nothing at all wrong with it, excellent item in every way...just time to adjust for the apocalypse. lol

My first ever online order for real guns. Springfield-Sub-Compact-XD-1
This is my favorite concealed carry firearm and caliber. For some reason I'm more accurate shooting this one then my Springfield Armory Tactical 40. Probably because this is the one I practice with the most. I reload my own forty so it is not as bad going out and buying a box of ammo.

In Arizona it seems the only shortage is .22. I live a stones throw from the local Cabelas and when they get .22 you are limited to one box of 250. For about a year it was tough getting powder, primers etc. but that shortage seems behind us. The prices have gone up quite a bit. But it seems it has gone up on everything, food, gas etc. I would agree with P.B. and think a lot of people buying and reselling.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah...I like the XD40 a whole lot. It's a little 'thick' for concealed carry...but then, so am I. But for general power, accuracy, reliability, & capacity it's very tough to beat. 

There are few makers I would move to in favor of Springfield...Sig is one. But if I could get my mitts on a compact XD in .22 LR I'd get that and keep everything!!!

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 am

In the micro 380 guns I like the Ruger LCP.  I carry mine everywhere.  We had a unplanned 20 minutes to get there church meeting.  I stood up at the podium, reach Into my pocket for a pen, realized I had a handful of pistol. Lol.  When I say it disappears I mean it disappears.  

But it does bite when you fire it.  I won't even let the boy shoot it.

Last edited by puros_bran on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:11 am

Just about any Ruger ever is OK by me, I've owned lots over the years and never had one do anything wrong. Ever. I recently saw a sweet little .22 auto International version with the Manlicher stock on it. Love that outfit in the No. 1, the 77, the 1022 anything! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

But if I had my druthers on a .380 (the most underrated highly lethal cartridge of the modern age) in today's world I'd like either a classic Walther PPK-S or the Sig 232...but then I've always thought that the fat little Browning BDA was cool even though that certainly ain't no go in to church pocket piece.

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:55 pm

My LCP replaced my J Frames. The only other pistol I seriously considered was the Sig 238. I love a single action semi, the thought of one in my pocket is unsettling..Pocket holster or not. Lol. If I intended an IWB holster or some such the 238 would have own hands down.

The Ppk and the 232 may be fine guns. They both have a reputation of excellence but I've not so much as handled either.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

I always thought the grip on the 238 was too short (for my big paws) but with the extended mags it might be OK.

My first ever online order for real guns. 551339_01_sig_sauer_p238_black_out_640

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:07 pm

If you'd ever fired one you'd know. It is the current Rolls Royce of pocket pistols. It shoots like a much larger weapon and hides like a much smaller weapon.

I already said it but I'll repeat it. It's only 'flaw' is I would not be comfortable with it in a pocket holster in condition 1 carry.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Doesn't it have the Sig 4 point safety system? I mean, it can't be fired by hitting that bobbed hammer... you have to pull the trigger all the way through the double action after you de-cock it...right. Safer than a 1911, etc.

Of course you could always carry it with the chamber empty...for church anyway. lol

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Oops! No...the 238 is the same 1911 style frame safety...cocked & locked.

Sorry...I want something with a decocker. Still not fond of the 'safe action' stuff like the Block/Springfield XD designs...I like that double/single action thang!

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:06 pm

If it looks really cool...is it?

Does the 'R' stand for 'Rogers'...as in Buck?

The new Remington Model 51 just HAS to be the sweetest looking pistol around...a design patented a mere 99 years ago!

Read about it here:

http://www.gundigest.com/guns/handgun-reviews-articles/shot-show-2014-remington-r51

My first ever online order for real guns. Remington-model-51

Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:53 pm

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/u22-neos-/#Photos

I have one of these. It's far more Duck Dodgers of the Eleventy Third Century.
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Kinda looks like an air pistol...
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Well, the Neos is apparently a good shooter... the Remmy is a recall!

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 am

Got the Sig 2022 9mm in hand. No range time yet, but getting it ready and spiffed up has yielded that it fits me well, the barrel lock up is as it's Sig reputation would imply...tight, and what's best, it came with an unexpected 2nd mag plus simple Sig holster. Sig magazines are $40 everywhere and the clip-on holster is $26...then add on $10 shipping and I have about $75 in goodies I didn't expect.

So...the pistol was $400 and shipped free from Kentucky Gun Company. I paid $25 FFL transfer fee on my end plus the $5 background check thing so my total was $430 for the pistol, 2 mags, a sig holster, heavy cable lock, second backstrap and the hard case.

For a Sig which is universally acknowledged as being the best kept firearms secret out there...bona fide bullet proof, passing US military and international police extreme service testing...shoots any ammo...being extremely accurate (for what it is - a tactical piece)...jeez! That really does seem like a good thing in my book. It was easy to say yes to this one.

Now the next one...the Sig Mosquito. Totally different story. At my 'great score' price of a mere $250 + $30 shipping + $30 FFL transfer, etc. totaling $310...I get a .22 auto that's almost the exact same size as the 2022 9mm but lighter...and which has perhaps the worst reputation in the firearms world for being picky about everything...esp ammo and dirt. But everything has a fix, and I have the internet!

More news as it unfolds!

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Finally got the Mosquito in. I really like this one. It feels excellent in the hand and has a compact but tough essence to it that is very pleasing. It seems much thinner and smaller than the full sized 9mm P2022. Ad copy claims it to be 10% smaller than the flagship P226.

Stats tell the story:

P226
Overall Length 7.70 in
Overall Height 5.5 in
Overall Width 1.5 in
Barrel Length 4.4 in
Sight Radius 6.3 in
Weight w/Mag 34.0 oz

P2022
Overall Length 7.4 in
Overall Height 5.7 in
Overall Width 1.4 in
Barrel Length 3.9 in
Sight Radius 5.9 in
Weight w/Mag 29.0 oz

Mosquito
Overall Length 7.2 in
Overall Height 5.3 in
Overall Width 1.5 in
Barrel Length 3.9 in
Sight Radius 5.5 in
Weight w/Mag 24.6 oz

I just threw the P226 specs up there for interest. Other than that, just looking at the two polymer framed pistols (the P226 is all metal...retails for over a grand!) the Mosquito FEELS WAY smaller than the P2022...but the stats show it to be very close. Odd how the subjective can be skewed so much by such a small actual difference.

Problem already developing here! My wife has taken a real liking to the Mosquito! Oh oh!!!

Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 am

Great Sigs! Really dig their newer stuff. As to your comments on wanting a PPK-S think twice if you have big hands. My oldest brother had to have one and everytime he used it it tore up the web of his hand bad. See if you can find a range with rentals and try it out for yourself though. My other brothers hands are the same size as my oldest brothers and it never bit him when he'd use it so.....could just be an ergonomics problem where a particular person holds the gun "deeper" than another.
Back to top Go down
Richard Burley

Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:52 am

huffelpuff wrote:
Great Sigs! Really dig their newer stuff. As to your comments on wanting a PPK-S think twice if you have big hands.

Still have the scar from mine.  Even so, wish I still had the piece. You can round off the slide where it slices the web of your hand.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: My first ever online order for real guns.   My first ever online order for real guns. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

Well, there's always the Sig 232 which holds slightly differently and the Bersa Thunder, which you can get as a single or double stack...then there's the classic SAO Browning BDA which is a double stack.

Of all, the Walther and Sig are the most reliable, the Walther the most beloved thanks to Fleming.

With modern ammo like me the Hornady Critical Defense and Critical Duty, even these light rounds are effective and can pass FBI guidelines for heavy fabric and depth of gel penetration.

These are all fine pieces, as are the Sigs I mentioned above...but for fit, with my large meathook size hands, my Springfield XD40 SubCompact is the best fit, especially when the extended magazine is used. It's perfect. But when someone puts a pistol with the incredible reputation of the Sig 2022 on the table for under $400 and follows it with a 'matching' .22 for $250...I couldn't say no.

Back to top Go down

My first ever online order for real guns.
Page 1 of 1